675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

New job - well sort of

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Edski675, May 21, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

I'm so so happy about this. I'm a self-employed solicitor, partner in a small firm in Shrewsbury. We do a lot of property based work - so we aren't exactly rushed off our feet at the moment, in fact I was crying in my beer to Ian (xcbrrider on here) about it last night. I do a locum job as well for a large council in the north of England, works out at one day a week, maybe a bit more. Well I was there today and they shocked me - they asked me to work full time for 3 months :D :D Turns out they've tried to get someone for the role (Community Services related legal work) and couldn't find anyone, so they thought of me. I was so made up, really happy, and the money is dead useful too. I can do a lot of it from S'bury but I'll be on the M6 a lot more. So I'll be drafting contracts for Community Services providers - much of it is contracted out housing related stuff for vulnerable adults and adolescents, provision of external carer and social work services, service level agreements, that sort of thing.

Did I say I'm excited about it? :D :cool:

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

Congrats Edski :) . Its good to know its not all doom and gloom .

3. Stu

Stu

That is good news in this current climate. Well done.

I had my pay review this week - nada. Jean had her's and got an extra 3 grand :) She's obviously doing something right.

4. Graham H675

Graham H675

good too here it ed now i think it's time to get a pay rise lool

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great news Ed, that will keep the bank happy :D :D :D :D .
    The beer made a difference then? Must do it more often put the world to rights while enjoying a beer :lol:

6. Well done mate.

I was made redundant 6 weeks ago. Left on the friday. Started my new job on the Monday. Now self employed. Much less hours, more rewarding and 40% pay rise.

7. that is all you need in life really....less working hours and more pay!

More time to spend on the bike!

8. Congrats mate and you also get the bonus of getting to spend more time up North (God's country!)

9. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

we're talking Liverpool :lol:

In fact, Liverpool is a great place - I've been working there a day a week for about 15 months - I really like the city. A fantastic example of urban regeneration, with lovely old buildings too.