675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bladebiker, Feb 5, 2009.

1. bladebiker

bladebiker

Hi folks. Just thought I would introduce myself. I have just bought a 2006 Graphite Grey Daytona. Had it 3 weeks and only had time and weather to ride it home from the dealer whereon the battery promptly died!. Replaced same day by the dealer who were excellent I have to say. Currently have a 1999 R1 which I have to sell ( I have been told) and a Yamaha DT 125 for comuting. Can't wait for the better weather so I can use her. Currently she is under a blanket wired up to the optimate. I am in S Yorks so hoping some rideouts may come this way, I am on the edge of the Peak District so have access to some great roads! Look forward to joining the community.

On a technical note I have noticed a slight hesitancy in the fuelling which I think is common and is not really a problem, are there any fuel maps that you can download?

2. Hi blade,

welcome to the site.

Once the weather is nice, I'll be over in Sheffield on the bike as that's where my office is. The snake pass is worth enduring the M61,M62,M60 and M67 for!!

As for the fueling question, I'm sorry but I dont know. I'm sure someone else on here will have an answer for you though.

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:D Hi Bladebiker, great to se you on board.............. come from Temple Normanton originally soknow Matlock, Buxton roads real well. Your a lucky one...... enjoy and see you in Matlock bath some time :? ;)

4. welcome to the site m8.

5. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome, always good to see more 675 riders. Any problems/suggestions don't hesitate to say.
    As for your question, I'm not too technical minded but no doubt some other members are. Any chance on expanding the explanation of the technical hitch? ;)

Either way; welcome! :D

6. Hi & welcome. Reference your fueling issues, what exhaust do you have on your D675? I have a Triumph race can on mine, which needed a remap. If you have a non-standard exhaust on yours & your not sure if has been re-mapped,it might be worth while getting it checked.Your local Triumph agent will do it for you,it shouldn't cost you more a hours labour.Failing that it if you have a standard can it might be worth asking if there is an updated mapping for it. Hope this helps.

7. bladebiker

bladebiker

Thanks for the welcome. I have a Triumph race can fitted so as you say it might not have been remapped. So I might toddle down to the local Triumph Dealer ( I bought it from a non franchise dealer) and have it checked. Anybody know if Triump World in Chesterfield are any good? Can't wait for the weather to get better!

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Bladebiker....... can't beleive my eye's some one else from the mighty Spirite Chesterfield. ;) :) :D

Get yourself up to Claycross Power Sports. http://www.powersports.co.uk/ :ugeek:

They cover everything and are really helpfull. Even got a great cafe so you can have breakey while they sort it. Not 100% sure if they will have ther re-map but will definatly know who will.

Great to see another Chesterfield member.................sadly I am now based in Wardle :shock: nr Rochdale :?

9. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

welcome to the forum, make yourself at home