675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Admiral Nelson, May 3, 2009.

1. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Hello Guys

Just thought I'd introduce myself. No stranger to Triumphs. I've had 2 Sprint RS's, lately a Daytona 600, and from this Saturday coming, a Grey 07 plate 675. I am from Plymouth - any members nearby?

Anyway, off to Donington (full circuit) on May 27th with the guys off www.daytona600.org

They are a bit pissed that I have let the gorgeous D6 go for the 675.

I had ridden the 675 before and convinced myself that it was too focussed and too narrow, but the the engine is so intoxicating. A test ride friday convinced me that I wanted to trade and Saturday I did the deal. Graphite grey 07 plate with £500 of accessories fitted. Happy days.

Kev

2. Well done mate, you won't regret it ( well you might if you loose your licence but hey) These things are pretty quick :twisted:

3. spike

spike

welcome admiral nelson lol
    there good bunch on here , real friendly and a good laugh.
    good to see someone else has seen the light and converted to d675 :D im a reformed r6er lol :eek:
    anyway take care m8 and ride safe dude ;)

4. Rowly

Rowly

Welcome on board ship Admiral Nelson, your first initiation is to ride the plank
    with your D675 :lol: Very Happy days to you :D

5. AcB46

AcB46

well hello have i not see you before somewhere

6. at last!! somebody from this end of the country, that makes 4 of us so far...welcome admiral and if you fancy a blat post it on here

7. JDB

JDB

Welcome aboard - like you I moved from the D600 to the D675 - you wont regret it!

8. andysjt

andysjt

hi mate & welcome
    spent some time in plymouth ( deriford ) some good roads around there

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

You didn't have an SV did you? Would be too big a coincidence, must be lots of Kevs in Plymouth.

No longer in God's own country, I used to live in Saltash. We'll be back one day.

Welcome to the board!

Ed

10. The Fridge

The Fridge

welcome Admiral Nelson to the clan, uve 3 members near u, BigBoulton, Nige and Mike675se.
    also day-tony675 is near Truro and T9Steve is near Taunton.
    check on the map and stick ur pin near where u r.

11. Graham H675

Graham H675

heloo and welcome fella

12. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Well isn't it a small world. Yes I have had an SV650s. Well 2 actually, one blue 2000 and a yellow 2002. But given that the 675 will be the 14th bike in 8 years, I've pretty much tried them all.

Really nice blokes on the D600 site and I intend to flit backward and forwards between the two.

It would be really good to meet up with some 675s locally and go for a ride.

Cheers

Kev

13. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Great to have you on board Kev, hope you get to post a couple of pictures once you take delivery. :cool:
    We like pictures on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Stu

Stu

Helloooo

I used to use the d600 site a few years ago and I rode a lot with Graycat and sold Spudda a Quill can. I swapped a TT600 for a D600 but I didn't keep it long and I hated it. Turns out the front wheel was duff and it would corner but too late as the 675 was on order.

Stu

15. Admiral Nelson!

Seen you on daytona600.org, i'm the same as you just moved up from a silver 600 to a graphite 675 so could keep the same colour leathers.

16. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

I got the pics already. here's what I pick up saturday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is what I have now..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've grown a bit since the pottom pic :D

Kev

17. is that gt's....wish id known, just chopped my 07 in for a new one...would've given you a good price :D why for you changing then...

18. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Looking good :D

And yes it IS the right colour :lol:

19. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

I picked up the D6 in January and its essentially a new bike - 2004 plate but had 2600 miles on the clock :eek:

It is a great bike but not as focussed as the 675, which I have been smitted by from the first time I rode one whist my Sprint RS was having work done.

The 675 is 07 Plate with 2200 miles on the clock. Extras - seat cowl, carbon tank protector, carbon hugger, carbon heat sheild, carbon end cap on exhaust, swing arm cotton reels - £5699. £3000 trade in on the D600 :D

20. if im not mistaken youve a double bubble on there aswell...thatll save you a few quid. :) know what you mean about being smitten with the 675, bought my first without even test riding it...the look of it was enough ..