675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

New tyres!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by SV_Justin, Jun 21, 2009.

1. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

It's time for new tyres. "Great more money!"

They've kinda needed doing for a while, but I really can't get away with it anymore, they are just getting too thin.

Any suggestions?! I really don't know what to go for. Whats the general consensus, what do people like?

2. Hi Justin,

I thin there is a thread around somewhere that suggested the Michelin Pilot Road 2CT were pretty good for grip in both wet and dry and also give decent mileage.

I guess if you want a more focused tyre the Pilot Power would be the logical choice...

I think I will be going for one of those 2 when I change mine....

3. I've put Pilot Power 2CTs on mine. They seem really good.

4. I've got BT016's on mine & they are great. Really grippy, they inspire real confidents,which I never had in the Pirelli's.I've only done about 700 miles on them, but they are not showing signs of excessive wear.I think it comes down to personal taste & requirements.I've been using Bridgestones for the last 6 years & haven't found one I don't like!

5. michelin allways make great tyres

6. Dunlop roadsmarts - unless you are doing trackdays everyday.

7. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Ive decided on a set of Bridgestone 014's with the dual compound. Front and back for £225 with fitting.

I've got the dunlop roadsmarts on at the moment and they have lasted 5000 miles so havent done too badly. They're good all round tyres good for everyday use and a scrap at the weekend