675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Newbie alert - Surrey area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Windmill, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Windmill

Windmill

Morning all,

Been lurking for a bit awaiting my bike to be ready for collection!

Took ownership of my 09 675 SE last wednesday and eager to clock up some miles so been out most weekend, went over to Boxhill but did not have the courage to actually go into the carpark....

In the surrey area and potentially could have been the 09 675 SE spotted in Kingston on Saturday (was all over the place that day....)

Very new to biking having only got my license 3 weeks ago.......

Bike as it stands...

09 675 SE
    Triumph alarm
    Quickshifter
    Arrow Rear sets

Tempted for some more CF but spent enough this month already!

Must say apart from my XJ6 that I learnt on this is really the only bike I have ridden and I absolutely love it!

If any members are in the surrey area - would happily meet up for a ride!

As long ass they dont mind the newbie.....

Cheers

J

2. Hi J,

I am just over in Basingstoke, so not far away,

Welcome to the site....you will find a lot of useful info.

Be careful posting your reg number tho.....you never know who could do what with it!

Sparky

3. I'm also quite new to this, I've never had anything this fast. Well, I haven't actually picked mine up yet, Wednesday is the big day!! Very exciting.

If you fancy a little ride out, I'll be down at Box Hill on Sunday, without fail and I know there is atleast 1 other 'new' rider with a 675 who goes down too! There were 3 675's there on Sunday when I was there.

Hopefully we'll bump into each other? Incidently, why were you scared to go into the car park? I don't think anybody in there bites!

Kieron

4. Windmill

Windmill

Hmm the Reg issue - surely if someone wanted to do something with it they could just get it off the street if they saw it? if there are any reasons why it should not be there ill remove it gladly! (I did think about it but then could not think of anything better..... will remove it if thats the general concensus.....)

I suppose scared is the wrong word - perhaps intimidated is better - it was absolutely packed and to be honest I would not have had a clue where to park. Everyone is saying that it is a friendly place and I should have just stopped, hey ho ill pop down this weekend and say hello - what colour are you getting? and where from? any additional parts your having fitted?

loving the bike - colour not the best to keep clean!

5. markirel

markirel

Hi there, nice first bike! :smileup:
    Keep it shiny side up as your biking and D675 experience builds.

6. Welcome to the boards, and as markirel said keep it shiny side up and I also would remove the number plate.
    It does make it much more likely to be cloned.

7. There's no need to be intimidated. Everybody down there is pretty normal, just grab a cup of tea and have a little walk round. You can park anywhere there's a space.

I bought a black one, my brother got a red one. Both the same. Extra's are arrow exhaust, alarm and r&g crash protection all over. Bought them from Jack Lilley's because they seemed pretty friendly. You won't be able to miss us down there, black and red 675's parked together.

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Hello J, welcome to the site :) and congratulations on your purchase!

Thinking of not going into the car park - one of the bike cafes near here, at Quatt (Bridgnorth) has a horrible entrance - sharp turn left back on yourself and uphill, usually with gravel on it. Everyone stands and watches other bikes arriving so if you drop it then it's a tad embarrassing. Have seen it happen a good few times.

9. D41

D41

Hello, chap...I've got your reg. number...now where exactly do you park the bike??? :lol: :roll:

10. Windmill

Windmill

Hmm looks like ill just have to remove my reg number then.... and think of something a little more suitable....

Ill see you Sunday then, ill try and pull up next to the Black and Red D675's so there is the full set....

Also got mine from Jack Lilley's can't praise them enough really, friendly, helpfull (local) and happy to help where possible!

When I picked mine up it took the best part of 1.5 hours to sort all the paperwork etc so leave plenty of time!

You also get your pic put up on the wall as part of the handover ceremony which i thought was a nice touch!

cheers

J

11. James

James

Hey

I'm the brother with the red (and therefore faster) D675.

Look forward to Sunday, the 675 crew should be on good form.

James

12. Windmill

Windmill

what time you plan on getting there?

The missus is harping on about it being the BH weekend and we should do something sunday... I am of course trying to put her off......

we shall see how succesfull that is......

13. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Name change! New one is much better :D

14. markirel

markirel

I like the idea of that. Solves the argument of who has the best bike - they both are.

15. we're thinking of getting down there around 10am. How does that sound?

16. James

James

Aren't you forgetting that mine is red, therefore it goes faster!

17. markirel

markirel

Well its Scorched Yellow that's fastest so you and your brother can argue :catfight: about who's in 2nd place :lol:

18. Windmill

Windmill

10 is spot on - that way I can still go out in the afternoon for beers with the missus etc!

And to settle - White is clearly the fastest (non) colour.......