675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Newbie.... (from Co.Durham)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mark171086, Oct 11, 2009.

1. mark171086

mark171086

Hi all

I currently own a 58plate 675 in red, i ride mainly around the Co. Durham Area, across to the lakes(Hartside) and occasionally the Scottish borders and Yorkshire too.

Joined the forum just to find out gen info on the 675's, ride outs n track days etc..

Since buying the Bike in August 09 i have been MASSIVELY impressed with comparing to my 57plate zx6r, however I have only seen 1 675 (a white SE at Helmsley) on the road since buying mine and wonder if there are any others in this area? :)

Hopefully out next weekend once fitted new tyre if anyone would like to join?

Thanx

Mark

2. D41

D41

Welcome, Mark - whereabouts in Co Durham are you?

3. mark171086

mark171086

Im from Seaham.

R u local? :)

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

He's about 7,500 miles away mark!! - a Scot who found it too cold north of the border so left for California.

Welcome to the site!! Is it your birthday next week????? Happy birthday!!!!!

5. D41

D41

No I'm not! I'm ONLY 6000 miles away (much more local). Not Scottish either (dunno where that came from), Irishman born in an English convent (me mummy didn't want me - I now know why!), raised in Chester-le-St. - I know Seaham well, Mark - been there many times!

6. kingfixer

kingfixer

Hi Mark,

Im from Durham originally like D41, i was born in sunderland though and lived in ryhope for a few years. I still have a few relatives live in Seaham but i never get back up there much these days. All my immediate family still live in Durham ( brandon)

Welcome to the site mate !!

7. Penfold

Penfold

Hi fella, from washington orginally. Still come up every month and sometimes on the bike all depends on weather.

8. Hi , mark (white se) could have been mine at Helmsley , or possibly Tricky he`s from up the toon ? .
    I`m from a little hovel called Shildon , what seem`s to be where all the dole waller`s get put..

9. D41

D41

:lol: :lol: :lol: HaHa!!!

10. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Mark welcome,
    bloody hell the Geordies and the Mackhams, seem to be taking over this site of late ,
    they are poping up from everywhere :lol:

11. mark171086

mark171086

Hi all

Yeah me birthday saturday! Cheers! :)

I mate, it was bout End June beg Aug when a bought the bike from Malton so came back threw Helmsley.

I no all these areas well, Shildon, Brandon ChLeSt n espec Ryhope, am actually a Murton lad but Say Seaham as its more known.. :)

We'll all have to have a ride out IF we get a nice weekend this yr(WISHFUL THINKIN!!) if not def next!! :)

Thanx for the nice comments people, ill get some pictures uploaded soon, had prob with me comp over last wk!

Cheers all...

Mark

P.S Am a mackem not a geordie!! :)

12. mark171086

mark171086

Oh sorry, forgot t mention im famous.. Im in the MCN this week, picture of me on a camel in Egypt last month... holdin me MCN of course.. got Red top and Sun Glasses on :)

No harsh comments plz :)

13. superpete675

superpete675

G'day Mark and happy birthday for tomorrow mate - have a gudd'n! :cheers:

14. kingfixer

kingfixer

All the best people are mackems !! ;) :lol: :lol: 'haway the lads'

15. Waiting for more people to contribute from north of the tyne...

Based down south now, but family's from Blyth. :quack: :scarper:
    Oft wondered about riding the A68/696 across to Jedburgh. Seemed a great road last I was on it as a passenger in a car. But it's a long way to go for a ride out, at the moment.

Any other good roads/routes if I ever do take the bike back "up home"?

16. PS. Welcome!

Good to have more true "northeners" on the site.

Funny how Londoners see anything north of the M25 as being "north"
    Anyone from the south thinks of "north" being up from coventry/peterborough.
    And mancunians/scousers consider themselves real northeners!
    Just keep thinking, keep on going guys, and you'll get there!

Mind you, it is a bit weird sometimes being of the same latitude as scotland!

17. spike

spike

welcome m8, must be in the depths of winter up there now lol, time top break the skis out in durham i guess :)

18. Hallo Matey, welcome to the sight. Good to see the northern invasion has started!! Don't think it was me in helmsley though, I do get along to hartside cafe often tho and im a regular down in washington. there is a meeting place at the wildfowl and wetlands centre that can get busy on a wednesday. You should try get yourself up there one time, increase the trumpet numbers!!!!

19. andysjt

andysjt

err .. whats a mackem ???

hi mark b/t/w welcome to the site

20. Different species.

Those from some place called ... sunderland. :roll: