675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Newbie in Kent

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by panteleimon, Sep 23, 2009.

1. panteleimon

panteleimon

Hi all.

First of all, great site!
    Recently upgraded to a D675 from a NC30 (Honda VFR400)... Both amazing bikes! :lol:
    Mainly been commuting, no trackdays or IAM under the belt yet.
    Also love the bike too much to lose the licence, so been a bit of a chicken & don't push the bike too hard. (Lots of cops in Kent, & I've already been pulled once, apparently for nothing? So, a bit paranoid)
    Still learning, so I'll probably be the one asking questions / looking for answers, rather than giving advice.
    Looks like we've got some seasoned riders, so will be glad to get all the help i can.
    Been looking at the site for a couple weeks, but not really had time to make a formal intro. :oops:
    (Lame excuse, i know, but i should be working now...) Hence, no pics, or anything interesting.
    Anyway, thanks for the help so far, and in advance for that to come!

Cheers!

Panteleimon

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Morning chap :D I've seen you on line a few times. Don't push things until you are ready - and don't be forced into it by anyone else.

3. andysjt

andysjt

all right mate,

you go at yr own pace mate ,the fast boys will look after themselves & you can allway catch um up at the lights :D
    shame about the cops

4. panteleimon

panteleimon

Good point Andy - it's funny how when commuting in to London I get blasted past on the motorway, to find that I catch the same guys when filtering. So, I know I'm not exactly slow except by choice. No need to speed so much on the road, tempting though it is.

Yeah, cops got me paranoid about the speed issue - was pulled on my NC30 (grey import) with kph clocks + mph overlay that the prev guy put on. The mph markings didn't tally up with other speedos / my calculations. So, when I was pulled, I reckon I was doing 70 (or just above) on the motorway. Cops tailed me for a little while - very off-putting, before signalling me over. Had a chat & they didn't say what the matter was, just let me go.

I've heard of others being pulled randomly & there's a lot of unmarked cars that I've seen, so I'm wary.

Still, there's room for improvement of technique, etc.
    And it's difficult to practice properly/fully on the roads.

Anyway, just keep riding & enjoying.
    Hope to see you guys around sometime!
    PS. if you see/pass a red 09 that's at the speed limit, give a wave, it might be me!

5. markirel

markirel

Hi there fella, welcome to the site.

6. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

Welcome mate, where abouts in kent are you?

7. spike

spike