675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Newbie (sort of)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by scarlet, May 9, 2009.

1. scarlet

scarlet

Hello all,

I know Admiral (he kindly posted the link) & probably a few more, from my current (http://www.daytona600.org).

Yes - am female. Have been riding for 6 years now.

Complicated this one - but bare with me ...................

Have mainly owned Triumph's since passing my test :
    Daytona 600
    Daytona 600 (another one)
    Daytona 675
    Gixer 750
    Speed Triple
    Daytona 650 (current)

I loved my 675, had her for a year, put over 7,000 miles on, here she was ...................
    ai9.photobucket.com_albums_a58_TVM_Scarlet_General_IOM_675.jpg

Yes she was a special one off colour. Colour was Nightshade (it was an old Triumph colour, used for the original Sprint RS). She was one of the first 675's built in the UK.

I had always wanted a Gixer 750 (i know very bad girl me). But had to do it, was given an offer i couldn't resisit. Put her back to a standard red colour (i still have the original blue bodywork in the garage). She was gone.

My current is a Daytona 650. She was completely standard yellow, when I bought her, now she looks like this :
    ai9.photobucket.com_albums_a58_TVM_Scarlet_Daytona_20650_IMG_0627.jpg

I'm looking (if bank manager & other half will allow), to get a second bike. I really want to keep my 650, i think it will have to have another 675. If not this year, definately next.

Thought i'd sign up & say hi .................

PS - round at the bar on me

2. Hi Scarlet and Welcome.

If you are after a new one, have a look at Jack Lilley bikes as they are doing 0% on all new D675s (not the new SE though, unfortunately).

3. Hi Scarlet

I love the colour of your old 675 and would have had one in that colour if available new. Looking forward to seeing your bike on 27th at Donington.

Kev

4. Rowly

Rowly

Welcome Scarlet, the 675 looked pretty cool in the blue & the 650 is not bad either :cool:

5. spike

spike

hey scarlet welcome :D
    very cool selection of bikes in six years ;)
    really like that colour nightshade :cool: i wish they did that as an option i think i would of gone for that colour.
    most in here are obssessed with erm common black, no imagination eh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    there a good bunch on here and very helpful though :D

6. AcB46

AcB46

Theres to many of these d600.org on here there a bit off a ruff bunch :D :D :D :D

7. Stu

Stu

Hi Scarlet & welcome. I remember you from d600.org when I was on there over 3 years ago. I had a TT600 & D600 back then. Did you use Kwacky's sportsrider or something like website too?

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Hello Scarlet

I had a red D650. It was a fantastic bike, severely underrated. By me too, I think...

9. The Fridge

The Fridge

hiya scarlet Newbie( sort of) and welcome
    ur old 675 in that blue looks real nice, not quite as nice as Black mind,cos Black is the best color ;) :lol:

nice to see another lady biker on this site with an impressive list of bikes in 6yrs.
    what does ur other half ride?

10. Thaibite

Thaibite

Hi Scarlet and welcome

I remember you too from the D600.org site. Must admit I still have a soft spot for the D600. Stu never really got on with it, but I really liked it. I love the british cockpit fairing flags on the D600's, they don't quite look as good on the D675 I don't think.

Jean

11. scarlet

scarlet

Hi all - so many familiar names :cool: :cool: :cool:

Stu - yes - Sportsbike has crashed recently. Kwacky has a new site.

Fridge - come on - you know the real truth, black soaks the sun up, so hence is a bit slower :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry couldn't resist), an sure the colour wars go on here as well :lol: :lol: ;)

Other half currently has a Daytona 955, it was sounding a bit porly (like a twin) when he went out tonight. He's had it for a good while now (28,000 miles - i think now).

First loves are hard to get over, which is why I want to try and keep my baby & just add to the garage.

12. The Fridge

The Fridge

oh scarlet, who's been mis-guiding u on the Physics? :roll:
    yes black soaks up the Sun, and it stores it til needed, clever really, then at the point of Terminal Velocity, that stored Sun's energy is released to give the black 675's the xtra mph to make them the fastest! :geek: :lol: :lol:

...every knows this but some just cant bring themselves to admit it ;)

nice to c triumph's r in the family

13. Are you claiming to have a KERRS system fitted to your bike then Fridge!?!

All I want to pint out is that Ferrari Enzos are Red and Herses are Black!!!!!

14. SteveH

SteveH

But grey is the same colour as tarmac, so us grey types have Klingon cloaking technology. No speeding tickets for me! No Sir, not me ;)

Oh and hi Scarlet :)

Steve

15. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome, the midnight blue works well and looks great. Good to see you here! :)

16. hi scarlet`welcome :) everybody knowes black is the new black :D :D :D

17. Hi Scarlet. Hope you are doing well! Impressive stats (bike stats) I must admit!

You will notice there is a lot of discussion around what is the best colour...as far as I'm concerned black is the OLD black and anything with red in it wins everytime.....now watch me get shot down in flmaes for that comment!

18. NOW..... WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR?

!!!!!!BLACK!!!!! er no RED!!!! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ra ta ta tat rat ra tat tat.........burn you heathen :lol:

19. spike

spike

as you may have noticed chickenstrip lol this girl has taste and went for BLUE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    and a custom blue at that ;)

20. Blue does make a nice.......undercoat ......................to BLACK :evil: ha ha Ha Haaaaa aaaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :!:

hmmm, yes quite...... less wine needed I think :)

now.... where's my coat?