675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

newby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tractorboy, Feb 24, 2009.

1. tractorboy

tractorboy

hi`everybody`got my 675 last month 2007 model in black.only been out on it 3 timesand all was great untill yesterday when engine management light came on :? hope its not going to be a problem its only done 2000 thousand miles`hey ho`still got 6 months man warrenty left on it`been reading this great site 4 a few weeks now :trying 2 pick up tips.

2. Stu

Stu

Hi and welcome.

I'm put money on it that the exhaust valve actuator has put the engine light on. It will be fixed on the warranty and will need fixing every year once it turns chilly.

Stu

3. tractorboy

tractorboy

cheers stu`i have read about this problem.the bike seems to run fine will i cause any damage bye riding it ?

4. Rowly

Rowly

Hello and welcome,
    If it turns out to be this exhaust emissions valve with yours then sooner or
    later I no doubt will suffer the same problem,it really needs Triumph to get
    their act together on this one and sort it out,I wonder if the new model suffers
    from the same problem or have they fixed it, maybe a bit early to say yet.
    For owners to keep going back to get this fixed is unacceptable and they
    must realize that there is a design problem with this part from customer
    feedback and dealers :?:

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Just had mine fixed too, under warranty. Riding it a short while won't hurt but you don't want to leave it too long. Some owners have done an 'exup-ectomy' but that's complex surgery way beyond my mechanical ability.

6. Stu

Stu

Riding with the light on won't harm but as the light is already on you won't be notified if another problem occurs. The valve is just to get the exhaust through the european emissions tests. The cables can corrode or the valve can stick. I've never played with the valve but I have changed the cables myself on the wife's bike. You're supposed to use the triumph diag tool to set the open position but with 2 675's in the garage I just compaired one against the other. Not an option for most though :)

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:D Hi Tractorboy Good to have you on board. My bike is 6 months old and has 3500 miles and has been in three times the last time was to have the new Headers fitted, the Beats is rnning like a dream now and has picked up a seriouse amount of Umph from some where :? Well chuffed :D

8. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello, and welcome to the site. Hopefully you'll find it useful here, and hopefully you'll resolve your engine management problem. From problems that have been notified here and other 675 forums I would say Stu is along the right tracks; let us know the outcome from the dealer as with anything mechanical it could be a multitude of anything :roll: either way hope it doesn't put you off the 675. Any Q's or problems don't hesitate to ask here - we're all friendly folk :p

9. tractorboy

tractorboy

cheers` i will get it booked in and keep you posted

10. Stu

Stu

Does the handle Tractorboy mean you are young and live in Norfolk :?: :D

11. tractorboys is the nickname for ipswich fans, their hands and feet aren't quite as webbed as the guys from Norfolk. :lol:

sorry m8, couldn't resist. :D

12. Rowly

Rowly

Bad boy Iron Urchin!!!!!!!! Back to PC school for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. tractorboy

tractorboy

got my bike booked in on monday at windy corner in barwell`it is only 5 miles from the triumph factory in hinkley yet they dont admit there is a problem with the managment light coming on.so we will see.RE the tractorboy tag.40 and live in leicestershire stu.very funny though iron urchin and very true :D :D :D :D