675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

nob heads

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by triple n, May 27, 2009.

1. triple n

triple n

why do people buy big, flash powefull cars and then drive them at 50 mph on motorways...if you want to drive that slow, buy a f*@kin pushbike or something and stay the [email protected]*k out of my way..nobheads....sorry...rant over

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

...you forgot to add, 'and why the fuck do they hog the middle lane for miles' :evil:

3. because they are nobheads..........

4. MLH'ers really pi$$ me off when im either in car or the bike so fookin dangerous, they dont even take the subtle hint when you go back in the inside lane

5. SteveH

SteveH

I find if you pass these idiots on the outside then cut across infront of them, drop back on the left, then indicate out and pass them again on the outside, that generally wakes the bar-stools up. Of course you normally get a full on shaky fist flashy light type response but it does at least wake them up. I'm convinced these idiots cannot see any further than the end of their bonnet and if it's behind them it doesn't matter as they NEVER use their mirrors.

I know that tactic is both childish and slightly dangerous. But it's not breaking any laws ;)

Oh and to answer the original question Nige, well because they can :) It's all to do with the way we're taught to drive, I think. I didn't even go near a motorway until after I'd passed my test but chose to use the road courteously. However these idiots who just sit in the middle lane have no concept of how to use the road properly. If the government spent half as much money on driver training as it does on trying to catch people speeding then we'd see far fewer accidents, and much less congestion. But hey like most, what do I know I'm only covering approx 80k a year with work, so why would my opinion even count. After all I only get about £100/week expenses so I'll never be a politician ;)

Steve

6. triple n

triple n

im only whinging because i get stuck behind them every morning as my van hasnt got enough grunt to overtake, especially on hills...

7. andysjt

andysjt

the ones that get me are the ones who pull into the outside lane then slow down , as if to say i know you are behind me but i dont care , infact im going to slow down . no need to go faster than 55
    i find it very hard to remain calm , i usualy pull back in & let someone else tailgate them untill they have had their little strop .

8. I had a nob in a Merc yesterday undertake me and several cars in front that were overtaking a lorry.

He then pulled sharply in front of the lead car instead of going up the back of the lorry!

Didn't get him very far as not long after I overtook him. Felt like giving him a "piece of my mind" but now 2 wrongs don't make a right now do they.....

9. triple n

triple n

no, but it makes you feel better

10. spike

spike

its the chav nobs in the the novas that piss me off, had a few of them type wanting to race me on my d675 which i think is kind of funny, a little cage with 4or5 chav rats in with big alloys and a cherry bomb exhaust and a 1.2 litre engine that wouldnt pull you out of bed and they think there bloody pro rally drivers :D :?
    suffice to say i tend to let them go and just laugh my arse off as they try and impress you by going 0 to 60 in 10 minutes :eek:
    omg im turning into a biker snob :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    :twisted: though on some occassions i do tend to drop the hammer and let them know how quick a bike can be :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    i know (sigh)i can be juvenile at times :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. It's good to teach them a lesson!

My favourite is to look over, blip the throttle and then when the lights go green just let them get on with it!

One day plod will be sitting round the corner and that'll teach em!

How they think they can win against any sportsbike is crazy....but it keeps it interesting I suppose!

12. Juveniles can have lots of fun though :)

13. The Chavs are great. I let them go at the first lights and then either filter past them to the front at the second or if we are both on the front row, blast off and leave them. If you end up next to them again on the next lights I tend to find that they then drive off very slowly!!!!

14. Stu

Stu

I had a chav on a Yammy 600 quad bike think he could beat me :toss: of course he didn't :victory: