675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

North west - Sun March 29

Discussion in 'Meets' started by chickenstrip, Mar 26, 2009.

1. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

Its apparently going to be 'A ok' this sun. :?: anyone out? I'll be tootling (like a bat out of hell) around northern land in an approx. 250 mile radius. No real plans as yet just get on and go.

Jim

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Gutted - up the lakes................ :?

3. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

up the lakes, as in ''not on bike and chained to the bread knife'' ?

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Yup......................... B&B ing it :?

Not back to the bike till Monday morning possibly Sunday night :(

5. Sorry, I would be up for it but I'm in Derbyshire at the mother in laws 60th!!! I'm working on leaving the kids at home and going on the bike.

Though this may change. I went out yesterday and suddenly heard a loud tapping noice. I realised that it was hail on my helmet as the heavens opened and I went numb as I pootled home in gales and hale!!! I dont want to get stuck in derbyshire having to go all the way back in that.

6. Stu

Stu

I'm changing a sink for my old man. I may be free in the afternoon though but I just don't know at the moment :(

7. Fast Orange

Fast Orange

Could be interested mate... but....does's anyone know whether TOR can without remap will damage owt!
    Cannot get remap done until Monday ............. !!!!

8. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

Triumph website says both the accessory and the Arrow cans need a tune download. I would think that without the tune up you may loose some power but not damage anything. Assuming the racing cans increase air flow and essentially suck exhaust out faster, it would mean the tune would put more fuel in to get more power.

don't quote me on that though...could be a load of tosh :)

9. jimjam39

jimjam39

Ive heard the same (from other websites), it will not damage anything but you wont get the power benefit until you get the tune.

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Fast Orange, I fave the TOR Can on and ran it for 3 weeks withouiut the remap - all it does is make you run Rich believe it or not, once done the pickup is a bit quicker and the top end just runs on and on :D :lol:

Hope you all had a great blast out :cool: :cool: :cool:

11. Well, I was at the mother in laws b'day today but to get there meant driving my diesel estate down snake pass and back via matlock bath.

How depressing, Though I did see a couple of D675s. Were you one of them?

12. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

Wasn't me OOWH :D I went up to Keswick via , A59, lancaster, A6, Quernmore, Kendal, Shap (can't get enough of that road :) ) Saw another 675 up at the bridge, I was begining to think they came out of rocking horses arses!

I must be getting better as well as I only nearly lost it twice. :) once drifting way too close a curb blasting down Shap :eek: the other caught the front end on a bit of diesel/gravel and felt it slide out :shock:.

the A683 via Canton was great although bumpy, I felt like Frankie Dettori for a while! I'm begining to think I have my suss. settings wrong. Anyone else having probs/ got any tips? I'm 11 stone and have backed off everything a click to soften up but maybe rebound is set to high?

13. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Matlocck Bath on a Sunday ina a motor.."Shame on you" OnlyoneWayHome............ Bet you were well gutted :?

14. It was the first time I'd ever been and my wife is from around those parts, so just kept rubbing it in how good it is!

Children and Dogs..... the downfall for all motorcylists with a family!!!!! I need to teach the wife to ride and the dog to hold on, problem solved!

15. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Get a "side car" Only................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wallis & Gromit Style ;)

If you fancy it i could take you on a ride over the tops to Matlock Bath, via Glossop, Buxton & Backwell.

Let me know and we can get a "Ride out" sorted :D

16. So that's the dog sorted but what about the wife and son?!

I'd be up for that, thanks Jap, you'd have to tone the speed down for me though, as I'll bet I cant keep up with you at your normal pace!

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I'm not that BAD Only.................. :eek:

Well I don't think I am :lol: Since I stuck the luggage on I've really Chilled out ;) Till it comes off after the Europe Trip.

I'll check what the script is and get something posted on the Meetings Page see what interest we get :ugeek: but deffinatly up for a "Return "T" Bath Run"