675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

numb fingers

Discussion in 'General' started by triple n, Apr 23, 2009.

1. triple n

triple n

hi guys, gals and anybody else who reads this...do any of you know if triumph changed the riding or handlebar position on the new 675...i could ride my 07 all with no probs, but with my new one my fingers and arse are numb after 20 minutes or so...still love it to bits though...your thoughts, as always, are appreciated :D

2. Rowly

Rowly

Ive got a lower gel rider seat fitted which helps on the arse bit but as for the bar positions
    I not aware that Triumph have altered them from the last model. I still suffer from wrist ache
    after 1/2 hour riding I suppose it goes with the territory :?:

3. Stu

Stu

I still get a numb right hand and I find a few slaps on the thigh help. Left hand never a problem. I think it's something to do with setting the throttle.

Stands back and waits for all the wanker jokes

4. Graham H675

Graham H675

i found i was suffering with wrists and pin's and needles in the right hand so i slightly adjusted my arm postion and so far so good. When i test road the 09 bike i did find the bars slightly further away.

5. My middle and index finger on my right hand often go slightly numb and seem to also loose colour. From chatting to a mate who is a chiropractor, he says that it is common with sports bikers. It seems that these two fingers have a different nerve than the others in your hand and that the position of the neck , the helmet/wind presure and the weight on your wrists can cause the nerve to get a bit crushed, hense the numbness.

As for the bum, I recomend a diet of pies and ale. That should give you some natural padding!!!

6. didn't they change the fork angle on the new bike slightly?

This may account for the slightly different riding position and numbness!

7. triple n

triple n

thanks guys, im off to the shop to buy lots of pies and sweeties :lol: i'll shall endeavour to alter my riding a bit till i find a comfortable position

8. andysjt

andysjt

having come from riding a 955i triple i thought that given the riding position of the d675 i would be in for trouble but i got to say once you have got used to it is no worse than any bike i have had some long rides & ok you start to feel it after 10 hours but its not that bad my arse & neck sufers the most cant say i have ever noticed my hands or fingers going numb only in winter

had a numb foot once due to febuary wind chill nearly fell over when i got of bike , had to tip hot coffee over it fron the little chef in newtown wales

9. triple n

triple n

:D bet that raised a few eyebrows...sounds like you need new boots

10. spike

spike

have you tried changing your foot positioning on the pegs ?
    i know this may sound weird for a hand problem but i used to have bad wrist ache when i had my r6 and wasnt till one of my mates ( who used to race) pointed out that i was riding with 10 to 2 feet :eek: ie heels on the pegs with feet tipping out to the sides he told me to ride on the balls of my feet and i have riden this way since with the balls of my feet on the pegs.
    it aligns your body with the geometry of the bike and for me sorted out my wrists aching on my r6, ;) ( not ridden the d675 long enough to see if it works for me on this but at 6 ft the r6 felt like a mini moto lol) it takes a bit of getting used to and you do have to shift your foot forward to change gear but you will be able to move round easier and shift your weight more naturally when cornering etc with out trying which is a big bonus :D
    if this doesnt help with your numbness then your bolloxed lol and need new hands and arms :p

11. andysjt

andysjt

spike ,
    thats interesting cos i tend to ride on the balls of my feet & i dont get wrist acke, ok its not so easy to change gear but i think its more comfortable & it gives you better feel for the bike
    cheers
    andy

12. SteveH

SteveH

Hi All,

Another vote for the balls of your feet here. I ride on the balls of my feet and find that I get no wrist ache at all even after a full days riding.

Also I find it helps to keep your arms low or parallel with the tank. I conciously keep tapping the corners of the tank with my elbows whoslt riding so re-assure that I'm sat correctly.

I also find that keeping yourself in pretty good shape and strengthening your stomach & back muscles helps as it's means your less likely to rest all your weight on your wrists.

Alternatively, of course you could just get your wallet out and buy some adjustable rear sets ;) this should help lol

Cheers

Steve

13. triple n

triple n

thanks guys, ill try it out

14. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Nige, just done shy of 3000 mile this week and the only problem i had was with a pair of new gloves that killed my two fingers and thumbs on both hands, rest of the way with normal gloves were great. The Gell seat was outstanding :D :D :D .

15. triple n

triple n

welcome back jap...gel seat is out of my price range at the mo but im looking into some bigger gloves, could always sell the kids i suppose..hmmmmm :lol: