675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

nut question

Discussion in 'General' started by peter hawkins, Jun 30, 2021.

1. peter hawkins

peter hawkins

I know this is not the place for this but need a quick answer how the hell do you undo the front sprocket nut 3 foot bar nothing .any help would be much appreciated.

2. Mick102

Mick102

Assuming you’ve hammered the lock washer back and you’re going anti-clockwise- give it plenty of Plus Gas (or other penetrating oil) and leave it overnight… then try again.

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Impact driver.?

[​IMG]

4. CamPhair

CamPhair

Big piece of wood through the rear wheel and jammed against the swing arm.
    Worked ever time for me.
    Cover all contact areas with rags to stop any marks on wheels erc.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using 675.cc mobile app

5. I’d go impact wrench. Wouldn’t imagine a driver would have the ooommph, would it?

Also I assume your able to lock the wheel and that’s why your saying it’s not moving? Or is the wheel spinning the problem?

6. I eventually got an impact gun after struggling with front sprocket and clutch nuts over the years, definitely the best solution but as @CamPhair said putting something through the back wheel should be enough and i've done many this way, you need that solid resistance to crack it off, don't remove the chain first and then rely on the engine compression to be enough.

7. peter hawkins

peter hawkins

Sorted thanks for the info ,does anyone know what the chain rubbing strips are made from.

8. You talking bout the plastic swing arm protectors near the swing arm mounting bolt? If so did you want more than plastic?

9. peter hawkins

peter hawkins

No I am going to make one from polymer nylon which is a bit softer but lasts quite a long time ,hope this will also cut down chain noise as well.