675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Off the road at the mo

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu, May 25, 2008.

1. Stu

Stu

Read the service manual for the chain size which said 106 link. It isn't it's 116 :( I didn't find out until I cut the old chain off. Now I'm off the road for a bank holiday. I can swap the chain for a 118 tomorrow but I don't know how to take two links out. My chain tool isn't up to taking out factory fitted pins.

Be warned the service manual is wrong. :evil:

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Sod's law; however seeing how the weather has been not too much lost ;) Cheers for the info; typical british manuals! :)

3. The weather has been shocking today so hopefully you didn't miss to much riding, will bear it in mind if i ever need to change my chain!

4. Stu

Stu

The shop opened at 11 and I had the bike back on the road at 12.30. I had to get a 118 link chain and cut it down. It's the first time i've shortened a chain and it's not too hard with the right tools. Anyhoo, Jean and I got out for a couple of hours and ended up the Squires Cafe AKA The Milkbar.

The bike is running a lot smoother with a new chain :)

5. I Found that with my TT when i changed the chain, the difference was amazing, went from being jerky and noisy to perfectly smooth, glad you got it sorted!