675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Oops

Discussion in 'General' started by Edski675, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

Rode to Liverpool today. There's a layby on the A41 at Tushingham, on the Shropshire/Cheshire border. It's set quite a good bit back from the road, a fairly wide entrance to it, screeened by trees. It's on a lovely open straight downhill section with perfect visibility, just where you'd want to overtake old vans chugging along. The damn thing was parked immediately in front of another van, both hidden by the trees. I've never seen one there before. I only saw it as I overtook, by then too late :evil: I can only hope that the van I was overtaking shielded me from the camera as otherwise I'll get a NIP soon :roll: Just as the 3 points had expired, too :roll: :roll: :roll:

2. andysjt

andysjt

waiting on an npi myself , its been three weeks Monday ,so a glimmer of hope usually you hear within 10 days

went past a camera van parked on the brow of a hill in a lay by , within 20 yards of a national limit ,so he got me in a 30 coming up the hill before i even spotted him , i think i was going about 38 on the Speedo so i recon its
    border line :? :? :?

3. D41

D41

LOL - I throw my camera tickets in the trash...granted, I get a few threatening letters afterwards (they go in the trash too)...but ultimately they can't do a bloody thing over here unless they can prove I received the ticket.

4. I've got mine and a nice pic of the back of my car to prove it (the think bike sticker looks OK!). So 3 points, a £60 fine and an increase in my insurance for the next five years on my car, my bike and the wifes (I'm a name driver). Tossers were hidden behind another van!!

5. andysjt

andysjt

i was wondering if riders get done in the car more than bike ?

myself i have had a good colection of points over the years , but none of them have been on my bike or in the van , always the car ? is it because we are that little bit more relaxed ? or is it just me

b/t/w n nip yet :D :D

6. D41

D41

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Dunno, mate.....I don't really speed that often in my truck.....OK, I do, but seldom more than 5mph over the limit.....the odd time that I drive my car (twice this year so far) - I take it out with speeding specifically in mind....I just usually wait until I hit the canyons to do it...!!!