675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

other bike

Discussion in 'General' started by andysjt, Apr 20, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

have been thinking of getting an aditional bike for days when you fancy a change maybe a cruser / chopper type bike or a classic

has anyone got another non sports bike ? if so whats it like riding the two ?

cheer andy

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

I would go for the Street Triple or the Speed Triple if I was going to get another bike, or maybe the new Ducati Streetfigher (the one based on the 1098) Not really a cruiser or a chopper but thats about as far as I would go..... for now :)

3. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

If I was looking for a chopper I would go down the route of the Honda Fury, more or less guaranteed to be a good bike. :p

Attached Files:

4. jimjam39

jimjam39

No , No and thrice No :!: If you are going to get a cruiser or custom its got to be a harley :cool:
    Only kidding, its not that bad, and everyone has there own taste (thank god) or everyone would be riding round on red daytona's :lol:

5. andysjt

andysjt

that honda fury looks like a triumph hurricane from the 70s if it had another exhust , looked at one 2 yrs ago at the classic bike show nice bike was keen to own one untill i found out the price ,

6. andysjt

andysjt

Attached Files:

7. andysjt

andysjt

a chap i go for a blast with now & again has amounst others a vincent black shaddow , the thing i find fasinating is he bought it new in 1959 & has owed it ever since, although now into his 70s he still ride out, ok not that fast , and to be honest the rides are for his benifit not ours , the last time we went out he was talking about finding a new owner for his bikes in the next few years as he is getting too old now. sadly with the black shadow alone worth well over 50 k it wont be me having them

8. andysjt

andysjt

Attached Files:

9. i think that you'll find that the black one is the common one!!!!! ;)

The red is very exclusive!!! :cool:

10. Stu

Stu

I have a Vespa which is by no means fast. It will just about do 70mph on 10 inch wheels with drum brakes. I don't ride it much for fun to be honest but it is fun in a different way :D It's a bit of a work horse as it can actually carry things on it unlike a sports bike. I've had a 6' artificial Christmas tree on the back of the scooter. I can't see that happening on the 675. :)

Attached Files:

11. The Fridge

The Fridge

Nice line up there Stu.

12. Graham H675

Graham H675

i got my triumph lengned lower version of the thunderbird and still got that triple torque lol very comfy could ride it for miles will post a pic soon

13. jimjam39

jimjam39

How true :lol:

14. Rowly

Rowly

To be honest with you all my first choice before I got the D675 that is was a gixer 600
    But if I were to splash out I would love a Gixer 750, I know its another sports bike but
    I just love the look of them, anyway unless the magic six numbers come up it ain't
    going to happen, dream away :roll:

15. Stu

Stu

What about 3 wheels. A Dutch Carver :D :D :D
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvoJgr7IIt4[/youtube]

16. IS the leaning just a gimmick?

17. andysjt

andysjt

hum ??? not sura about that ?

looks like relient robin with a trailer on , but he was enjoying himself in the vid

18. I have a Fazer 1000 as well as the D675 & other than the initual differents in wieght & ride position, I don't have any problem jumping from one to the other!

19. Stu

Stu

I saw it on Top Gear a while back. Even Clarkson was raving about it.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KhABgoss0M[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqtHp-vyA8A[/youtube]

Poor quality - sorry.

20. andysjt

andysjt

what a laugh , that things mental , i doo enjoy watch top gear :lol: