675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

oxford bags

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by andysjt, May 17, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

all right fellow 675s
    anyone know about oxford bags ? i have a pair of oxford sport tech panniers , the type that can be clipped together & carried around as a hold all when off the bike , anyway when it pissed down today i thought i would fit the rain covers , obviously as the bags are fitted to bikes you can only fit the elasticated covers over the top of bags as best you can , but the result is that they flap around in the wind like a sail & the bottoms fill with rain ,
    got any suggestions please ? I must admit i have no experience of having panniers so any help would be appreciated thanks

2. andysjt

andysjt

Attached Files:

3. andysjt

andysjt

Attached Files:

4. Stu

Stu

First thing I do with any Oxford luggage is throw away the rain covers :lol: I've never had any problems with rain ingress either.

I like the clipping together idea, it may be time to upgrade my luggage. Anyone want to buy some Oxford sports painniers :)

5. andysjt

andysjt

i thought that today , these covers are more trouble than thay are worth , stuff inside was bone dry when i got back so i think you are right cheers

6. I have Cargo Panniers and the rain covers filled with air and then burst. I now line them with bin liners, so if the water does get it, at least the clothes stay dry.

7. I agree with OnlyOneWayHome. I had a set of Triumph 675 Panniers which I took to Europe. They have built in rain covers that zip in the bottom. Totally rubbish, the water peed in! My hotel room looked like a Chinese washroom with t-shirts hung everywhere. The covers simply dont cover the bags. I complained to Triumph who were pretty laid back about it, and asked me to take them to a dealers. Now how EXACTLY do I prove my point by doing that??? I flogged it all on e-bay. The ONLY way is to put bin liners in the bags first, cheap but effective.

8. I have a set & they are brilliant - bought them years ago & they have got pretty wet.

9. andysjt

andysjt

i have done exacly that , thanks for all your advice ,
    cant wait fro thusday & the off

ps who's the old geza in the van ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

only jokeing dont come & get me