675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Oxford Lugage get's fitted, well at least some LOL

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Oxford Lugage is getting tried out over the next couple of weeks.

First to be tried is the Rear Seat Bag.

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675006_6.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675004_8.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675002_11.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675005_7.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675003_11.jpg

The bag zips off and leaves a base plarte that has a pocket in it. Note the different Bungies as the standard black ones where round so I bought these flat ones with plastic clips rather than metal.

Once I have got used to this I will try the paniers ready for the trip. :D

2. Stu

Stu

How long before you go now Jap. Are you getting some new rubber before you go as I don't think the OEM tyres will last the distance of your trip :)

3. Stu

Stu

Make sure the exhaust doesn't melt the bungies :D I thought you'd have gone for the Ventura kit.
    [​IMG]

4. youll need a ladder to get on it or you you jump out of a window...cowboy style :D

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well The Seat Bag is outstanding zips on and off in seconds and can take loads a kit.............. welll chuffed :D

Next up is the Panniers - :?

6. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

looking nifty; though are the bungies in risk of being burnt from the exhaust? :)

7. That's my concern.

I have Cargo sports paniers that I used on my Gixer K2. Obviously that didn't have an underseat exhaust, so there was no problem.

Can I still use these and if so, how would I fit them as the bungies used to wrap underneath the bike?

Or do I need to sell them on ebay and buy something else?

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I Only - the Oxfords are the same but you can fit the strap under the seat and bolt i back down. I find the straps/bungies are spot on and as they are flat they are clear of the exaust. I willl be putting the panniers on at the week end so will post a couple of pictures then.

As at prestent i am really chuffed with the bag it is spot on for my suit jacket and scran for work. it also fold up and doubles in size so plenty of room for my kit on the trip.

Stu its 4 weeks on Friday and counting. Got the Telford trip on Saturday 4th April then will be sticking bike in for aonc over........still need to get the rubber sorted :? Just no idea what to go for. :eek:

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well got the rest of the Lugage on today after giving the Beats a clean.

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675011_2.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675009_4.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675010_4.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675012_2.jpg

I am going to leave it on now for a while just to get used to it. All the bags expand by about 4 inches down for the Panniers and up for the seat bag.

Just hope I have enouph space for my stuff ;) :D :lol:

What's everyones thoughts :?:

10. Craig

looks good maintaining the sleek style; going to be an amazing trip no doubt! :D

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I can't wait now Craig, counting the days. Goy Telford run this week end coming so will be good to see how the bike handles with the extra's :shock:

Have you seen the links at the bottom of the route, the ones coming down the other side of Italy are amazing. Tempted to get one of the bike cams :cool: :cool: :cool:

12. Craig

Your mission is to get a photo of your 675 with the following back drop:

Absolutely amazing - that's on my to-do list before I die now :twisted:

Attached Files:

13. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Will Do ;)

Can't wait to trounce the Hyabusa Down there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thre Triumphs and a Suzi what a combo :cool:

14. Craig

Be a disaster if one of those corners were misjudged :oops: - nothing like riding in convoy though! ...
    How close are you to getting a bike cam then? I would imagine that would bring back good memories years to come! :D

15. I have been looking into bike cams but have seen some that are recomended by the supplier but then have a really poor write up on a forum somewhere. I'd be really interested in what you get and what you think of it?

Thanks

16. Stu

Stu

I have an Archos 605 Wifi which has the option to add a helmet camera. I'm looking for one at the moment but they seemed to have stopped selling them at the moment. If I manage to get one then it wil be a good setup as the Archos is a personal media play which will play music, files, connect to t'interweb, record from the gogglebox and stream music wirelessly around the house. Now if it can record from a camera then all I'm missing is it making the coffee :D

It's a nice piece of kit but everything you add to it is an extra at an extra cost. It looks like the bike carmeras I've seen in a few bike shops but slightly bigger. If anyone fancies one then I'd recommend the 4Gb model which has no hard drive so it's less fragile. Play.com do a 16Gb SD card for £17 so 20Gb total is enough for me. In the house I can plug in a memory stick or usb hard disk if I need more capacity.

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

ATC3K EXTREME ACTION CAM

This is the one I have been oying with buying but its gone up £20 in last month.

http://www.bikehps.com/actioncam/

Thoughts everybody?

18. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Has no one spotted the new Clutch and brake Stubbies :?:

Black and Red, very tempted to get the matching Stearing Damper :cool:

19. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Thanks Craig can always count on you for a cheer word :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Jap, with straps like that I'd be concerned about them rubbing on the tail section. Have you used wonder web (don't know if that's how it's spelled). The kit looks pretty good. Not sure how much you'll be taking... as little as poss I guess. Is it secure on the bike - I mean, can you leave it on when you park up and be sure that it will still be there when you get back?

As luggage goes, this stuff looks very stylish. No doubt will see it up close and personal Saturday :cool: