675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Oxford sports panniers

Discussion in 'General' started by snuffy675, Apr 30, 2009.

1. snuffy675

snuffy675

has anyone used the Oxford sports panniers soft luggage on their 675?
    If so have there been any problems with heat transfer from the exhaust to the panniers on long journeys or any problems at all.
    I've just bought a pair as I don't want to use a tank bag , just a tail pack and the panniers.

Any advice would be muchos appreciatedos

Thanks...

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Snuffy heck out meets listing and Croatia tour - just done 2700 miles in a week with the full Oxford rear soft lugage set up. Fantastic - Your on to a winner. No worries as long as you fix then well. Drop me a PM with ypur mobile if you fancy a chat.

156 down Autobahn No issues

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_EuropeanBikeTour2009070.jpg

3. Stu

Stu

Execellent, managed to melt a bungee on the exhaust once though :(

155 on the autoroute.

Attached Files:

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Whoops should have passed it under number plate light - no hastle there :eek: :geek: :ugeek:

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

6. Stu

Stu

How the feck did you get on it with all that shit on it :D

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Bruce Lee Kick over the seat.........................................Fe***ing hard work :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Stu

Stu

I have a vision of you on a hoist like a knight in armour :D

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Not quite but nearly..............................did a few kicks and caught the seat on more than one occasion after 350 miles a day :oops: :cool: :lol:

10. andysjt

andysjt

put a high tail pack on when i first had bike for a days ride around wales , had to sort of polevault into the seat as i couldnt swing leg over , fine once yr on, but you forget once stopped & have to do your vault thing again with folk watching , had a nast moment at a garage talking to my mate just swung leg as normal forgot about tail pack & nearly knockd bike over ( what a nob ) , so dont do tail packs now , its in the garage covered in dust

i have a set of oxford sport ( same as japs ) but just the panniers & tank bag that will do me

11. Jap, - I've got Cargo Sports Panniers from when I had the Gixer. I have not fitted them to the D675 yet and am worried about the underseat exhaust melting them. Did you have any problems?

12. andysjt

andysjt

hi one way,

it dose melt it a bit , had them on for a week & only noticed it when i took them off , going to find something ( non flameable ) to go inbetween for my trip around france in a few weeks time

13. andysjt

andysjt

a welders gauze or glove would do?

14. Stu

Stu

I bought some none slip matting from Wilkinsons and cut to shape to protect the rear fairing. So far it's worked a treat. That was the top tip I gave when I was interview for MCN about the D675.
    Claim to fame :)

15. Andy,

Did you find something non-flamable to protect your panniers from the heat?

16. VENTURA system. Pricier but the Bees Bollocks. Full kit without discount would be £300 but try Hein Gericke and barter. Might get 10% ;)

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi OnlyOneWayHome Never had an issue with the heat from exhaust at all.....