675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Paddock Stand

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by superme79, Jul 10, 2008.

1. superme79

superme79

2. Graeme

Graeme

I'd go for Paddock hooks.

I didn't fansy using my 'cup' version when I got my 675 (it was fine for the tt600), as the swing arm hasn't got a flat base. The Daytona already had the bobbins fitted, so £6.50 got me a set of hook adaptors from fleabay.

Front stands should be universal (although you may have to adjust the height, if one fork is lower than the other, a la tt600). Just make sure you use the rear stand first, before lifting the front!

Graeme.

3. superme79

superme79

Is there any difference between the stands when using a cup type thing or hooks? I don't really know much about it.

4. Stu

Stu

A cup type will fit most bikes as it lifts by the swing arm. Trouble is it can scratch the swing arm in the process. I have the Oxford paddock stand which comes with cups but you can get additional bobbin hooks. Then you just need the bobbins which are an extra 15 quid.

It's all bloody money money money. [rant] Tax on cars as I have a landrover [/rant]

Stu

5. superme79

superme79

How do bobbin hooks work? How do I know what type I need and what stand they will fit?

6. i use a ABBA Stand, it's daerer but is very sturdy and because it doesn't lift via the swinging arm, it completely unloads the suspension allowing you to remove the suspension if needed, even remove the swinging arm if needed.
    quality product.

7. superme79

superme79

The ABBA lift looks pretty handy. Although it's £200 I think I'll get one because I can also use it to keep my bike wheels off the ground over winter. I wouldn't be able to do this using paddock stands in my garage .. damn relations are using up too much space with their sailing kit!

8. the one i've got is just the ABBA superbike stand, costs about 98 quid but only lifts the rear, but you can use it in conjunction with a front stand, ABBA also do a front lift that doesn't interfere with the forks at all, so you can do a complete front end strip down if you needed to or just any maintenance to the forks or head bearing or front brakes etc...with nothing loading the front suspension or GETTING IN THE DAMNED WAY ALL THE TIME.
    gonna have to check if it fits the 675 though.

9. superme79

superme79

I checked with ABBA and the superbike lift 400KG has a fitting kit for the Daytona 675. The fitting kit does not require the fairings to be removed. Unfortunately the lift is out of stock for a few weeks.