675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Paddock Stands

Discussion in 'General' started by midgeman, Jan 25, 2009.

1. midgeman

midgeman

Anybody had trouble with Micron Paddock Stands when using the hooks in conjunction with Swingarm Bobbins as I find the stand to be a little unstable when lifting the bike.

I think I have seen someone on the site using what appears to be a rigid alloy type (I know that Yamaha do one but would it fit the D675.

Midgeman.

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Thats my Alloy stand, Its spot on and as stable as a Rock on bobins.

Cost £70 and worth every penny. ;)

Check ou Jap's Ride in the gallery :cool:

3. Jap,

What make/model is your stand and bobbins? I was thinking of getting the Bobbins/chrash mushrooms, are they worthwhile?

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

The bobins are some off ebay - just bought some from Japa - supposed to be carbon but are just massive they are litteraly the same size as Cotton Bobbins with a strip of carbon wrapped round. I hava a spair pair of bo's so remind me when we meet up to bring them. As for the stand its a ........... two mins need to go to garage LOL Motrax

www.motrax.co.uk

It's spot on stable as anything and when the bike is on you can move the whole bike backwards and forwards dead easy, run bke in fist and jet wash chain, and oil it back up again. Could do with being a tge higher lift if anything, but yes I would recomend it highly.

5. can any of you guys recommend a front stand, not the usual type, but the sort that fits under the headstock so that you can get the wheel etc...off easily.

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Iron, there is a seller on ebay down in Derby

Got a couple listed perminently. ;)

7. JDB

JDB

Worth looking at ABBA stands - expensive but very easy to use and very stable, keep an eye on EBay for secondhand ones. They use a clamp onto the pivot bolts, means you can either lift the front or back, add the "wheels" mover and you can then foll your bike sideways into a tight sapce in the garage....