675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Panigale V2.... oops

Discussion in 'General' started by Phill748, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Cupracing

Cupracing

Its definitely a lovely looking bike

2. Bit bland for me but maybe with a few mods, a friend of mine has the v4s corse, and the decals really split up the bike and compliment the curves rather than one block colour

3. Badapple

Badapple

Great news. Running well?

4. Phill748

Phill748

Each to their own, I can’t stand it with decals added, and don’t like the Matt colours, that’s why they make more options we are al different!

5. Phill748

Phill748

Will hopefully find out tomorrow, going to try and put some miles on it

6. Phill748

Phill748

So I took the plunge and got the Evotech tail tidy, it’s so well built it’s crazy, looks completely oem! Ordered a very slightly smaller number plate and I can’t wait to get out on it!

Before and after

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

6676BA37-7E75-40B0-84B8-95417393F0AC.jpg

7. White

White

Are the indicators not LED?

8. StMarks

StMarks PTG

That tailtidy looks just how it should imho.
    I have to agree with Mr White, some nano LED indicators would perhaps be better still.?

9. does come with half as many cylinders as the v4

10. Looks the dogs dusters fella

11. Phill748

Phill748

Yeah they are LED, they aren’t that big, very similar to the 1299 ones. I’m watching some small LED ones on eBay that are actually the same as the triumph ones but with Ducati branding, just hoping to get them a bit cheaper.

All the lighting on the bike is LED though, they put some massive indicators on the old 899/959

12. Hogster

Hogster

I am sure I have seen guys mount the plate on the exhaust heat shield cover that looked great?

Please please go spend the £70 on a pair of these and take them other ones off.
    I spent many hours looking for the smallest and brightest micro indicators made and trust me when I say this is them, they are brighter than anything I have seen and personally installed on my own bike and one of best things I have put on, they are tiny and brighter than anything else you will find : https://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/motorcycles-indicators/motogadget-m-blaze-pin-led-indicators.html

I bought them from there aswell.

13. Phill748

Phill748

You can’t put a two line plate though on the heat shield which means a seriously small number playe

14. Hogster

Hogster

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  15. D41

D41

That tail-tidy works well. Really er, tidies up the back-end. Makes it look homogenous.

16. Phill748

Phill748

Yeah, it does for sure. I managed to get around 150 miles done this weekend so I'm just over 400 in total now and the bike is pretty much loosened up. I was kinda surprised by how tight it was for the first 150 miles, it was really awkward to ride and things like finding neutral were very tricky. Since then it's got smoother and smoother and I can't wait to get the service done at 620 miles and crack on!

I've also mounted my quadlock for a spare phone I have so that I can use the Calimoto app, as I now live in a different area so want to base my roads out towards Cheltenham and Cirencester and the cotswolds.

17. These integrated lights / indicators just don't work in my opinion and there is a reason why there is a distance between indicators.
    Just ride about 50m behind any bike one fitted to see how how useless they are.
    Keep them on show bikes and such like.

18. Phill748

Phill748

Yeah I’m not interested tbh in the integrated stuff, I want it to look clean and factory like, just always the way I’ve been with my bike stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Phill748

Phill748

Little update for those interested in the Italian! I decided I had no confidence in my original dealer having taken the bike to them and them not finding the indicators fault and not updating me, so took it to MotoRapido, who picked it up yesterday morning, serviced it and fixed the wiring for the biketrac, and delivered it back to me today, absolutely incredible service! So now I’m at 650 miles with fresh oil and I’m good to go! I’ve already given it the odd blat and it’s definitely got some go!

My Daytona is sold also, although it’s to my mate who I bought it from so I think I’ll still use it on track as he did when I owned it, so I’m not really leaving... haha

• Like Like x 1
  20. Glad you got it all sorted fella. I have nearly run my beast in, she is being unlocked on 8th June! Amazing bike, and as much as I loved my d675r this is a different animal. I knew I would have been happy with Moto2 but this is incredible. Only got 9k to play with but my she pulls well![​IMG]