675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Panigale V2.... oops

Discussion in 'General' started by Phill748, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Phill748

Phill748

Yeah mate I watched a few of them coming out the last corner at Almeria absolutely launching down the straight! Lovely bit of kit.

I’ve put a few snazzy bits on mine now, managing to keep things a little under control but still have LED rear indicators, slightly smaller rear plate and the tail tidy, not sure what’s next on the list tbh

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3657.JPG

IMG_3868.JPG

2. GazP

GazP

Both bikes look awesome gents i am definitely suffering a big dose of envy!

Hope you have a good summer on them!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Red675

Red675

just ordered these for my new 959 (with u/s akras)
    clear clutch
    puig screen
    anodised faring bolt kit
    mirror block offs

4. Phill748

Phill748

The clear clutch really isn’t for me, people seem to love them as tons and tons of bikes have them. The other stuff sounds cool though. The mirrors are beyond useless on my bike, they vibrate worse than my 899 and my 848

5. towser

towser

So do they think the indicator issue was the Biketrac then?

6. Phill748

Phill748

Yeah, it was, basically where the dealer fitted it, they caught the earth wire in the Can Bus loom with the solder iron and melted through the insulation, instead of fixing it they wrapped it in tape, as soon as it got wet it shorted the whole Can system, which is pretty serious tbh!

Motorapido have fixed it and heat shrink all wires individually and then as a group and changed the pins in the connector in case they were damaged by a short and fitted it all back up together. So I’m pretty happy, not ever going near a blade group dealer with my money again though

7. towser

towser

Does seem a bit gash! Glad its all sorted. These intermittent faults can be so annoying.

8. Phill748

Phill748

Although totally caused by the dealer, and they had it for 10 days claiming they couldn’t find the issue, which would have been obvious as this is the wiring....

IMG_3706.JPG

9. towser

towser

I know you’ve wisely changed dealers but id consider sending a strongly worded email with that picture attached. That’s just not on and might stop it happening again.

10. Red675

Red675

Jesus, theyre all absolute dogshit arent they.

How much are the termis or akras or whatevers available going for on those v2s?

11. Phill748

Phill748

Same as they were on the 959 roughly, £2400 for the Akra slip ons, with the filter and the upmap. I’m not bothered though at the mo as the bike sounds pretty good, sounds like the old 899 which is pretty good considering Euro 5, plus The Akra’s are REALLY loud.

• Like Like x 1
  12. White

White

Have you used the Beeline yet?

13. Phill748

Phill748

Nope I ended up selling it and getting a quad lock mount instead. I’ve been using the calimoto app but it’s pretty rubbish so given up, am now looking at other ones like Waze

14. Red675

Red675

I went out on the new 959 at the weekend and have to say the underslung akras, with baffles admittedly, are nowhere near as loud as i remember the termis being on my 899. more of a purr tbh.

15. cpszx

cpszx

that might be just because you are older, possibly a little deafer, and almost certainly have some stray dog hairs possibly built up into a bundle and blocking your ear canals mate :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Phill748

Phill748

The Akras aren’t that loud with the baffles but they are bloody loud without, much louder than the Termis.

£2500 is an awful lot of money for an exhaust, it’s not just Ducati, look at the cost options for all the OEM’s now, they are silly, but I think less and less people are fitting them. 20 years ago you stuck a £400 Akra on a GSXR and got 5hp, exhausts are so sophisticated now the gains just aren’t there, I think the V2 gets 3HP with the air filter and the map, but that’s on top of a fairly decent 155hp

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. towser

towser

I've never had the baffles fitted on the Akras on the 959 but they are very loud without them!

18. R4CKS675

R4CKS675

On a lot of bikes, £2.5k would have bought you a full titanium system not just slip on cans. I don't buy cans for the performance factor, more for a deeper and throatier sound.

19. Phill748

Phill748

The dream is over! I did a deal to trade my V2 in, I’ve had some issues with it, one current issue is that it needs a new headlight under warranty!

The main one though is the heat. I didn’t think it was an issue at first but it’s unbearable, the bike just runs so hot in all conditions but in 30/40mph sections of road, the temp will be up at 100 degrees almost immediately on anything over about 18 degree ambient.

I had some money in the bike, and a mate runs a good bike shop and this came in I’ve snapped it up, I do love triples, have done loads of homework on them also, so I hope I can avoid any man made issues.

IMG_2198.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

20. That is one super gorgeous looking bike! Hope you enjoy every second on it