675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Park Mode

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by superme79, Jun 27, 2008.

1. superme79

superme79

The ignition key switch has a park mode 'P'. Does anyone know what this does? I had a look in the manual and it mentions the mode exists but not how it differs from steering lock mode. I thought maybe it left the lights on but I tried it out and it didn't seem to make any difference.

2. i've wondered the same thing m8, aint got a clue.... i got the impression that a parking light was meant to remain on. i wondered if this function was got rid of somehow when the alarm is fitted, but cos i had the alarm fitted from new before i picked the bike up, i've got nothing to compare it to. :?

3. Stu

Stu

If I turn the ignition all the way off the parking light comes on and drains the battery:( If I take it one step back then I get the steering lock only.

4. that's the way it should work according to the manual, but it doesn't on mine, obviously i still get the steering lock but not the light.
    have you got an alarm fitted ?

5. superme79

superme79

I don't have the alarm fitted. As far as I can tell setting the switch to P makes no difference. The lights remain off on my bike.

6. Stu

Stu

I have the approved alarm. Do the little side lights work (I'm thinking bulbs)?

7. superme79

superme79

I tried P mode again and it does switch the lights on. I don't know why I didn't notice this before. Hmm