675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Picked up the ST on Friday............Woow

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, May 18, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well picked up the ST on Friday and shot straight off to the Lakes

3,500 rpm for 100 miles @60 mph Done! Got some odd looks going up M6
    5,000rpm for 300 miles @ 85 mph Done Took her up to Scotland
    6,000rpm for 300 miles @100 mph...................just parked her up with 450 miles on in 3 days :lol: :lol: :lol:

Booked her in the week before I picked her up as ther is a two week run in on first services, the sales guy said its the fastest anyone has ever run in a bike, I wanted it in tommorow but full :?

This is me in a very Rare Pose..............Smiling

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_PickinguptheNewBeast.jpg

2. whatch yer number plate Jap...your gonna get cloned

love the single side rear :cool:

3. Stu

Stu

Fancying one myself chap. If the heli bars don't help I may be chucking mine in against one. What do they cost?

4. If you did all that mileage so quick, why the need for all that luggage? :D

5. Nice one Jap, I especially like the exhaust.

6. I thought that was a really bad way to run in a bike - dosent it clearly say in the manual not to keep it at constant speeds?

7. There is a subject for a thread of it's own :lol:

Nice one Jap - Have always liked the ST in black :cool:

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Folk's Glad the ST as met with such approval

From the top,

Stu, you can get them for £7,200 without ABS I paid £7,800 got £5,400 (plus bits £120 sold on ebay) so £5,520..... Also got £800 worth of Free Extra's, Gel Seat, Top Box, pad and Top Box Frame, Touring Screen and Black anodised front brake resoviour. Happy with trade in price as only paid £6750 in first place and put 8200 miles on in 8 months :D Get it bought it just EAT's the miles, Came over the tops last night at 95 in rain and she never budged.

Admiral, I went straight from show room to Lakes so time o take it off :lol:

Onlyoneway it look's Great, smootha s you like but I am having to have the baffle put "BACK IN" My ears were nearly Bleeding its that loud at low reves i.e. 3500 rpm over 5,000 its fine so ear plugs in at the minute :?

Scalet..................... "BANG on Mate" Black is the ONLY Colour to own................. YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE ........................ :lol: :lol: :ugeek:

TheTroublemaker. Your right keeping at constant speed polishes the barrels suposedly so constant bursts slowing and speeding up sorts that but 100 miles at 60 is :oops: :oops: :oops: so was glad just to get it out way. As for the rest that wa on Lake district Twisties, no chance of constant speed on those so running in to the book. :shock: ;)

Look's Like you could be Re-Branding to ST Site soon Craig :lol: :lol:

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

HO by the way!!! she goes in Thursday for First Service, £57 plus putting Baffle back in. :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

10. burt

burt

yea jap , i think that may be the way to go . I just done 750 mile round trip to the NW200 and i could have left the 675 there , painfull , couldnt pull clutch in as the back of my hand was swollen . I think its time to surrender the sport bike love affair and get sensible . Petrol tank suffered big time , shite , whats the finnish like on the ST ? .

11. jimjam39

jimjam39

12. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Burt, All I can say is on the work today I went over the tops at 100 (still not run in) and she is so solid it was "FASTER" than the 675 on the rough sections. The paint is same as on the 675 but polishes out easier, Touch Wood no dramers to mention. :? :cool:

Dropped her off tonight with 550 miles on, Baffle going back in R&G Bar ends going on to be in keeping with Black anodised Break resoviour. Getting a set of Pazz Stubbies in Black and that will be it for now. Leaving all the Carbon kit att the minute. :D

ind I have found a set of Carbon wheels with Wavey Discs fitted but verey, very £££££ :oops: :ugeek:

Well will keep you all posted, off to London Friday Night 550 mile round trip then the Beast will be fully run in ready for thee 1000 by 24 hour run two weekends after I get backk from my jollies :cool: :cool: :cool:

Anothe convert on the way Craig...........watch this space :ugeek:

13. spike

spike

nice bike there jap, looks the business m8 ;)
    would of been better in blue though hahaha :)

14. spike

spike

nice bike there jap, looks the business m8 ;)
    would of been better in blue though hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. spike

spike

sorry guys posted twice there, bloody laptop was playing up :oops: :oops:

16. burt

burt

well thats it , came back from the quack , and bassically my sport bike days are over . The 675 now gets to play in Germany , ,. i have ordered my 1050 st and now wait till after the whitsan break . The factory has a holiday for a week !! . this is the last roll of the dice , so heres hoping it does the job in comfort . £ 800 to spend as well , gel seat , heated grips , ?? . do we need to set up a sub site for 1050 owners , no old fart jokes please !! :lol:

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:lol: :lol: Nice one Burt............................best we get a 675 ST Meet set up :lol: :lol:

Well Craig.................... Two Down and Stu teetering....................... Any Chance of a ST Sub Section :?: :geek: :ugeek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:D The Beast 2 has been re named.........................................

Give a Great Big Welcome to ...................................................... "The Mile Muncher" :lol: :lol:

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675012_5.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675009_8.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675008_7.jpg

I think this has to be the Sexyest Rear I have seen in a long time :cool: :D :D

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675011_6.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675010_8.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

19. Stu

Stu

I've got the helibars fitted now so it will be make or break time in Scotland for the 675. So far they are not the magic bullet but they do help and give a riding position more like the TT600:D

20. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Stu, You need to ride the ST...................... It Eat's the 675 in every area exept agility but I'm getting there with the flickability already and she's only just run in. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Have a great trip and I hope the Bars do the business. Ctch Ya on the flip side abd Ride Safe......... Love to Jean, Be Safe pair of you ;)