675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Pirellis What pressure

Discussion in 'General' started by ustt, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ustt

ustt

Hi
    Im new to this but was wondering if anyone ran different tyre pressures to those stated in the manual?
    The reason I ask is when I bought mine secondhand the pressures were set at 36 and 41 so I put them down to 34 and 36 but the handling feels ( how do i put this!)
    weird, and I am now unsure as to what pressure to run them at.
    If i had the cash i would replace them but it took all I had to buy my 675 ;-)
    Thanks for your help
    Andy

2. Stu

Stu

I normally run 38 and 42. Works for me.

3. hello m8, i'm still using the Perillous Pirellis too. Don't forget that he recommende pressures are only that...RECOMMENDED.It can all depend on your weight, suspension set up and what type of riding you will be doing. In my experience, these tyres need temperature to function properly, but are slow to get up to temperature unless riding fairly hard. If i know i'm going out for a blast and there's a good chance of some fast twistie fun, i lower the pressures before i go out, typically 33 front and 34 rear, remember this is before i go out and the tyres are stone cold, some spirited riding gets the pressures into their optimum range. just remember not to push too hard too early, cold tyres are a disaster waiting to happen.

if you were on a track day you would lower the rear even more than that.

just experiment with some different settings, and keep notes.

4. ustt

ustt

Thanks guys
    Ive been riding a long time and never realy had to vary from recommended before but had heard the pirellis need a lot of warming .
    I will try the pressures at 36 and 41 like my old speed triple and see if thts better .
    I,ve wanted this bike since launch and its brilliant ;-) just a bit uneasy with the lack of feel on the front pirelli, I think I will try some pilot road 2s when the cash is available.
    out of interest has anybody tried Dunlops?
    Cheers
    Andy

5. Stu

Stu

Get the pilot 2's. I love them and they last forever. I don't think you will be disapointed :) I got 12k out of my last rear and the front still has 3mm left.

6. ustt

ustt

Hi Everyone
    I put 36 and 41 in the perilous pirelli,s and the handling seems a lot better BUT they took a good ten circulations of a double roundabout near me to warm up ,so they will be going as soon as i have some cash :roll:

7. How much difference do tyres and pressure actually make? I passed my test in June and the Daytona is my first bike.

8. ustt

ustt

Hi Superme79 !
    What a first bike :D Well done on your test they seem to bee making it harder and harder to get a Bike licence.
    As regards to tyre pressures it does make a lot of difference as you can see from this thread , I have been playing around with mine as I believe the standard pressures did not suit my size ( 13 stone) But usually the standard pressures are pretty much spot on so my advice would be to keep em standard if you have a enougth feel and are confident in the grip levels you have.
    Have fun hope the sun returns before the salt arrives!!!!!