675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Polishing Out Scratches

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by superme79, Feb 22, 2009.

1. superme79

superme79

I dropped my Daytona on a patch of gravel whilst performing a slow turn. I've replaced the clutch lever, indicator and rider foot peg which were damaged. I have a few small scratches on the faring and wonder if I can polish them out. I can't feel them when running my fingers over them so they must have just taken off the paint. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Thanks

2. JDB

JDB

Is it worth speaking to one of the mobile dent repair companies - they wil probably be able to do it "properly"?
    It looks as though its through the top coat to the base colour?

3. superme79

superme79

Can anyone suggest or recommend a company that repairs this sort of thing?

4. you can buy touch up paint on ebay if all else fails, about a tenner i think

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:eek: That's not a SCRATCH :?

This is a SCRATCH :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675005_5.jpg

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

7. jimjam39

jimjam39

Well im glad to see you are not getting to down about it !

8. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Must be annoying seeing those scratches there supreme79. I think probably just a bit of touch-up paint is probably the cheapest option though you'll always know they're there and it will show when someone looks hard. The only other option I would look at is a re-spray of the front but then that £££ and effort ;p

9. superme79

superme79

I've decided on a third option which is even cheaper .. do nothing about it whatsoever! haha It's going to pick up some damage as it's used especially as it's my first bike. This was the result of falling off at < 10mph. I think the bike landing on my knee saved it from further damage. Fortunately my expensive titanium armoured leathers allowed me to walk away without a scratch. I dropped it outside the back door last year due to not putting the side stand down properly! Nevermind .. a few scrapes doesn't make it any less fun to ride.

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

But she looks all sad with scratches on her :-(