675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Post up your weekend ride

Discussion in 'General' started by Edski675, May 23, 2009.

1. its been loverly down here all day :D didnt get chance to go out tho :(

2. I got out yesterday Nige. Glorious across Dartmour. :D

3. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

You could trump that by coming 'oop nawf' to S'bury/Pwllheli on 20 June. See Meets.

4. dont even know how to pronounce it, let alone find it :D and i dont think my aarse could cope with sitting on that seat seat for so long ( must get a gel seat )...but...you never know...thanks for the invite tho

5. Edski675

Edski675

'Pa-thell-ey'

6. andysjt

andysjt

had an ace ride today ,went up to Shrewsbury -welsh pool via old a5 - Newtown - cavern arms - Shrewsbury -m54 -m6-m5- then home , weather was good ,roads were dry ,what more do you need

if anyone is in the area of Newtown take the road to cavern arms then left for Shrewsbury or even better right to Ludlow , its a very twisty road with some fast bits & really tight corners , followed a bloke on a duke couldn’t get near him ,nor could my bro on his r6 he was very fast ( must be a local ) or we are crap

7. Edski675

Edski675

*COUGH*

Why didn't you call me :evil:

I know those roads very well, it's a fantastic ride. I love the road from Newtown, it's just fantastic :D

My ride - was going to meet Karl at his house at 10.30, when I arrived on the dot he wasn't ready, said 'I thought you'd be late'. So I was hanging around while he was getting ready, getting uptight and very hot in my leathers. We eventually left at 11, by which time it had started raining. Meantime, he was telling me about his friend's off last week. Low sided at 20, and the bike (a Bonny) is in a sorry state. Rider OK apart from bruised pride.

I had to deliver a letter up at Ellesmere, and had to be back by 12.20, so it didn't leave very long. Stupid Jaguar XJ holding up all the traffic (30 in a 60 - painful - until I could get past, I overtook the arsehole in a 30 limit - am I a bad person?????) and then Karl got lost. Had to fuel up in E/mere. Had to race back, it's a twisty road the A528, not the easiest of rides, and then the A49/A5 Shrewsbury by pass was rammed. I live on the south side of town, so unless I go through the town centre and get caught up in all the Sunday market and Tescos traffic, there's no alternative, Tense as anything, I was late back, and for the first time in coming on for 18 months of 675 ownership my wrists are sore :shock: Shows what a difference it makes, riding while tense and uptight I mean, I have a stiff back too.

Have had better rides :roll:

8. andysjt

andysjt

not a planned ride Ed ,
    i wanted to go up to leeds to see this er milky bar thing but mr R6 ( bro ) didnt & needed to be back by 1pm so headed for welshpool on the spur of the moment .

ill give you a shout ed next time see if you want to go , but i plan to go to the milky bar next ride, most likly on my own as the chaps i ride with never want to go for more than 2-3 hours or try anywere new

9. andysjt

andysjt

Ed ,
    going point to point to the clock on yr bike is no fun mate , some of the best rides i have had have been when i just take the road that looks the best or "path of least risistance " i have rode for miles & miles with no clue as to my location apart form somewhere in wales / wiltshire ect , i belive that you come out to some destination in the end that allows you to head for home .
    best done on your own or with others who dont have a fixed timetable

10. spike

spike

give me a shout next time you want to do this milky bar andy and i will bimble up too :D
    got to admit some of the best rides are the random spare of the moment ones with no particular destination in mind.
    me i am just interested in finding and experiencing good biking roads :D :D

11. andysjt

andysjt

Ed,
    cheers for that , i will defo buzz you next time ( a day or so before if pos )

spike ,
    sound, be great if you want to come too like to meet up with you

12. mark mac

mark mac

Big Alldayer... includes the clocinoc forest road. the a49. capel curig run. denbigh moor road, bala to ffestiniog etc.... the only bit I've not done is G to H. Ive been to G(capel curig) before but I came via betswy...

google map link

13. andysjt

andysjt

look like a good route Mark,

i have done some of it ,takes a while to cover the miles in some parts of wales
    I think its even better if you can bunk off work & go mid week

14. jimjam39

jimjam39

Some of my favourite roads there, regularly do them :) Usually in the week though.....they're much quieter then

15. Stu

Stu

Promoted to honory southern softie and Jean and I were invited down to East Anglia to do some counrtyside tearing up. 12 bikes in total including serveral VFR's, Motor Guzzi, Gixxer 750 and 2 littl' ol' 675's. I'm happy to report there were no incidents and the fish & chips at the seaside were spot on. Back to Royston for a BBQ and lots of ale.

Shame we spent over 6 hours and 320 miles commuting but I must admit it was well worth it.

Attached Files:

16. D41

D41

I went here this past weekend (the pics are about a month old though) Azusa Canyon, Glendora Mountain Road & Glendora Ridge Road;

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_P4070044.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_P4070045.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_P4070046.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_P4070048.jpg

17. andysjt

andysjt

stu ,
    looks a good route too, have often thought about going Norfolk way but its just too far to go for the day , could always get a 24h pass of the gate keeper i suppose ?

d41
    that also looks a good route , don’t think i will ever ride this one ,lol
    is it early in the morning or is it always that empty ?

18. D41

D41

The first part of Azusa Cyn sometimes sees quite a bit of traffic, as for the rest - pretty much empty all the time except for bikes, cyclists & the occasional car.....If I ride it on a weekday I can do 50+ miles and not see another car...kinda worries me sometimes in case the worst should happen but you can't have it both ways.