675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Previous Bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Craig, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

Just wondered what's everyone's riding history? I've had my license a few years now and since then I've had the joys of riding a CBR 125cc (no picture), CB 500cc (no picture) and a Yamaha R6 (as below):

Attached Files:

• r6d.jpg
      r6d.jpg
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
  2. been riding bikes since i was tall enough to get on my pop's xl 500 . all my family did. started at 16 with an FS1E yam, a suzi TS125, an X7 tuned by stan stephens, boy did that thing shift!, a GT 185, DT 175, DT 125lc, X5, RD250lc, 2 CX 500's, had kids..no bike for 10 years, bought my brothers FZR 1000 ru exup cheap, rode that for a few months and part ex'd it on a 98 955, kept that for 18 months and part ex'd it for a 2001 955i in strontium blue ( man that bike was nice ), kept that for 18 months before my car died..( my lady needs a car for work ) so part ex'd the bike on a honda civic...and waited....18 months later the funds became available to get back on 2 wheels again, been drooling over pictures of the 675 since i saw the sales brochure ( they were right...you want one so much it hurt ) so a trip to bridge motorcycles in exeter ( just to look you understand ) and 20 minutes later walked out having bought my 07 in black with 4000 miles on the clock...and been smiling ever since....now i want the new model but cant afford one....yet..i'll have to see what santa brings me this year

3. Stu

Stu

4. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I started riding when I was 16 on the 'nifty 50's' Not exactly my favourite way to get around but its all I was allowed to have so i was greatful. When I turned 17 I rode around on a Honda XR 125 whilst still learning and in July 2006 I passed my full test and treated myself to a 2001 Bandit 600. After a couple of years of ownership I fancied a change and put down a deposit on a new SV650S. After a few modifications, I have her just the way I like it, and am very happy. I hope to keep her for a few more years, but next time I may be tempted by a Honda CBR600RR or perhaps a Daytona.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. I Started riding fifteen years ago at the age of 41 and my only regret is that I did not start sooner :( .

My first bike was a Kawasaki GPZ 500s SECOND came a new Kawasaki ZZR 600like a misile in a straight line but not so good at going around corners or stopping as quickly as it started :eek: THIRD came a Yamaha Thundercat an excellent underated bike that gave me endless fun both on the road and on Track Days :D Fourth came my first experience of Triumph and the naked Streetfighter Speed Triple these bikes are complete hooligan machines :D :twisted: FIFTH was a Honda CBR 600RR which I actually purchased on a Saturday afternoon after going to the launch of the D675 (I was not prepared to wait 4 months for something that was going to be made 50 miles up the road when I could have a bike built in Japan the same day :? SIXTH came the Kenny Roberts R1 Rep awsome machine :D SEVENTH was my current Speed Triple in Roullete Green And finally my 2007 D675. Oh and somewhere in between I managed to rebuild a basket case CBR 400RR :cool: [/quote] ;)

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:twisted: Bike History
    Started riding at 18 and only had 4 years off since - 44 now............ so thats some years :?

Started with a Suzuki 125 Stinger did 85 flat out not bad for 1981
    Then went for a Suzi 380Triple , blew the middle pot twice :eek:
    Then it was to the best Bike I have ever had a Kawazaki z 650, loved that bike........ crap round corners :lol:
    Then I wen t in army and bought a brand new CBR1000 first off line 180 onclock down autobahn, came back to UK on it from Munster 10 times plus, 12 hours on that side and another 5 on this. Loved it.
    Then ZXR 750 L2 Mad..................... Loved it :twisted:
    Then GsX 750 jap import. swaped for double glazed front door... fitter who owned company was into bikes. Got 9 points in 6 weeks on this one.
    Had a break of 4 years the bought Aprillia 125 Mojito to go to work on :oops: :twisted:

Then on to the Beast 6 months ago....... :cry: :evil:

7. nice collection of bikes there Midgeman..... v nice indeed.

i only started riding a couple of years ago, rode a few dirt bikes as a little kid but nothing from then until i was 37. Had a few months on a Honda Varadero 125 in between my CBT and my proper test, then had a black and silver CBR600F for about 14 months - racking up 26,000 miles, then last march got the D675.....loving it.

8. mike675se

mike675se

There's some nice bikes in people's lists!

Here goes mine...
    1st honda CBR 600 F-X ('99)
    2nd kwak Z750 ('06)
    3rd honda CBR 900rry ('01)
    4th Daytona 675 se

And I would have any one of them again!

Loving this post, it's good to hear what different people have bought/ridden

9. jimjam39

jimjam39

My first bike was an XL 250 honda for riding off road when i was 14 (my dad and his family were all bikers, so he wanted me to start early). Next i had a more jumpable CR 125 (lots of fun). By this time i had turned 16 and my dad got me a RD 50 for the road(it had been tuned by one of his mates and was quite nippy). After that i had to pay my own way and when i was 17 got myself an AR125. After i passed my test i had big ideas of getting my dream bike (of that time), an RGV 250 with the pepsi colour scheme, but i could never get the funds together (crap job and to busy pissing my money up the wall). So i drifted from biking for a few years and after getting a better job i got into sports cars (hot hatches and cossies), but a couple of years ago my ex-girlfriend got herself a GPZ 500 and persuaded me to have a go. It gave me such a buzz i immediately went home and worked out how to get a bike (and also asked around for advice on what bike to get). A month or so later i had purchased a CBR 600 (2001 model, first of the fuel injection ones). I loved it, but the month after i bought it i started seeing pics of the 675 and reading reports about it. So after just over a year with the CBR i traded her in for a Scorched Yellow 675.

10. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

I didn't take you as a Vespa man Stu! :p Still least you've upgraded since ;) And I can't believe Jap swapped his gsx for double glazing classic! :lol: ;) midgeman you have a impressive history particularly like the look of the green speed triple. If anything I'm envious I didn't start to ride bikes sooner!
    Like the history very much from everyone, I also can relate a little to jimjams post regarding drifting away from bikes due to money. I find impractical to have a bike as the main mode of transport so a car is needed regardless. Then you're doubling insurance, tax, extra petrol... :( Though does encourage me to work harder for life's luxuries! :)

11. I was waiting till I had a pic of my old bike but couldn't find one.

My history is pretty boring really. I had an ex demo GSXR 600 K2. I got it from the Riossi dealer in Liverpool who then went bust a few months later, luckily nothing ever went wrong with it. The bike was always a bit of an upset in the family as my Dad was knocked off his and left for dead in a hit and run (he's OK now, just has sore ankles when it's cold) and I didnt tell my girlfriend (now wife) that I was buying it!!

The bike went the way of so many other bikes and was sold to pay for my wedding. I got my 675 at the end of November and due to the weather and being ill have only managed about 300 miles so far but in summer I regularly have meetings for work in sheffield and cumbria, so it will get a lot of action in the lakes and on snake pass!

12. afarm1.static.flickr.com_57_177059768_c4e227326d_b.jpg

My old D600. Owned a CBR6F before that, no photos sorry. Currently own a Graphite 675 Daytona and a Yellow Sprint RS.

13. Stu

Stu

hi Norfolknchance & welcome to the site. How did you find the D600?

I had a Red D600 and absolutely hated it. It just would not corner. The dealers swapped the forks with their demo bike and changed the steering bearings but this changed nothing. Triumph sent a front wheel for it and this cured the problem turning the bike in to my new best friend. To little to late as the 675 was out and mine was on order. The wife rode the D600 then for about a year and she loved it until it started 'eating' alternators :(

It hasn't but us Triumphs though :)

PS. I like the handle :)

14. Never had any problems with the D600 and I actually found it easier to live with than the 675 in many respects (my wrists didn't ache so much in heavy traffic for starters). Just the engine that was a disappointment.

15. Stu

Stu

Yep, they sorted that with the D650. I also had the TT600 which was brilliant. It just about drove itself :)

16. andysjt

andysjt

Attached Files:

17. andysjt

andysjt

Attached Files:

18. andysjt

andysjt

19. andysjt

andysjt

my latest bike top pic

roullet geen 955i did 12k on it & loved that bike

yellow sv650 ( no pic ) nice mild bike

suzuki catana gsxf 600 on the way to scrap yard after a rear ender from a 75 year old women without her glasses still could have been worse

20. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

The Bikes look great Andy, can I ask what made you change from the 955i Looks Mint :?: Have you still got it :shock: