675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Problems finding neutral

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by gibo675, Aug 15, 2009.

1. gibo675

gibo675

Hi all just got back on bike after broken ankle, and have some times found it hard to get it in to neutral.
    Went out on Wednesday and when we stoped at Sun Inn could not get it in just kept popping into 2nd, switched off with the key then managed to get it into neutral. But when I got back home no problem straight in.
    Anybody got any ideas.

2. It's between 1st and 2nd bud :twisted:

3. If the bike has been unridden for a while, the clutch plates could of been sticking a bit. A good ride to get the oil good & hot obviously sorted it out. It's a common thing with wet clutches.

4. graycat

graycat

I sometimes run into this problem first thing in the morning when I ride the bike out of the garage. I think mine is due to the fact the engine and gearbox is still pretty cold but is easily worked round by pulling the clutch lever all the way back to the bar (I usually only use two fingers so it's not fully back), popping it into 2nd and then tapping it down into neutral.

If you've not ridden the bike for a while it may be a bit sticky until warm but should be fine when up to temp. If not, you may want to have a look at adjusting your clutch lever some.

5. I was always worried that it was me being a bit of a numpty!!

6. spike

spike

mines also tempremental when cold, a good spanking and thrashing around some twisties normally sorts it out though. :twisted: :D
    i think its an inherent problem with the bike and as stated earlier a wet clutch needs to be worked to get the best out of it ;)

7. spike

spike

oh and also good to hear your back on the bike gibo glad you managed to salvage part of the bike season m8 ;)
    try sticking to fast mad bike riding instead of that dangerous hobby of walking in the countryside lol its safer in your case hahahahahaha