675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

problems with my quikshifter

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by ram675, Nov 30, 2009.

1. ram675

ram675

any one no where the looms plug in.i no they go in to the injectors but where are injector clips located. :?

2. D41

D41

I read somewhere on this site that you need the race ECU to use a quickshifter on the 06-08 bikes...do you have the race ECU??

3. More details please... What quickshifter? What year bike?

4. ram675

ram675

hm shifter on an 09 675se

5. i thought the 09 came with connection for the quickshifter, unlike the older models...just plug and play

6. That is correct, there is Triumph's own plug and play QS, but hm is a quality item. Have you called hm for guidance? It should plug straight in if it is the Triumph plus shifter.
    How to fit it...? Front seat off, then rear seat/bodywork off. Tank off(don't try to tip it up, rear bolt out and undo two elec cons, breathers and the fuel pipes) Free the ECU from the airbox lid and put to one side. Airbox lid and then base come off with the inlet trumpets.Disconnect the MAP sensor on the airbox. You can now see the injectors. Keep me posted on how it goes as this is the route I am wanting to go(eventually!)

7. ram675

ram675

hm all fitted and running sweet and what a shifter it is its f"*kin amazing what a bit of kit.thanks for all the info u shud defo go the hm qs route its well worth every penny.. :cool: :cool:

8. I agree with you entirely 'Ram'. I've had the HM QS for about a year and it is a blinder. Gareth at HM - who incidently is the major share holder comes across as a top bloke. He is always available for advice. He even helped me out on the phone about 22:30 one Sunday! In fact it was after finding out he was behind the T3 Racing dash that prompted me to buy one. I know he stands by his products.
    Apparently he was one of the original TomTom Sat Nav developers....... ( You learn summit new every day :lol: )

9. Nothing wrong with the triumph QS imho

10. ram675

ram675

hm has no mechanicel working parts and is less likely to go wrong totally electronic.dunno if triumph is..??

11. Triumph one doesnt as far as im aware

12. As far as I know HM is the only one to use a strain type cell to trigger the ignition interuption. I was led to believe that the Triumph version uses a 'mechanical' switch. May be worth some digging as I know this was always a problem with longevity in early versions of Quickshifters.

13. ram675

ram675

i was told the same as far as i know hm is the only totally electronic qs hence my decision to go with it.All good tho they all do the same job in giving u a real buzz no matter the make..