675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Race alternator kit

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by multi, Oct 16, 2008.

1. multi

multi

Greetings comrades,
    I'm contemplating the purchase of one of these fine motorcycles, cheap (because its been down the road) as a track hack. apart from the considerable damage to all plastic it has also had the alternator cover, stator and crank sensor taken out. The rotor does not appear to have suffered (although I am a bit aprehensive about the crank taking a knock), but I do see that a "race" conversion is available. Weight is down 4Kg and is supposed to run up a bit quicker. Any of you folks had any experiance with this conversion?

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I've had no experience, but will be interested to hearing the results of the outcome... maybe someone else here may be able to help if not be sure to post back to let me know the outcome... :)

3. same here m8, never had any experience but the guys at T3 racing are supposed to be very knowledgable about anything related to racing the D675.