675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

RBLR 1000 - DONE!

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi folks, well it was tough, really tough but the Triumph Twins as the riders called Ron & I did it in 22 hours to the minute :D :D :D

We did 1134 miles as we just had to pop to John'O'Grotes for a look-see.

These are the stats from the web site, one thing iit does not tell you is there were 210 at one point "Going" to take part :?

The Weekend of 20/21st June 2009, The Royal British Legion Riders Branch set out to set up a new Rest of the World Record for a SS1000.

The final statistics:
    Started ride - 187 bikes
    Completed ride - 166 bikes
    DNF 21 -
    11 Overtime
    1 Ill
    6 Mechanical
    2 Puncture
    1 Minor collision

For more information about the RBLR go to -
    http://www.rblr.co.uk/content

Here are a couple of pictures.......................

7.30 Saturday Morning, Start was from 8 till 10 we booked out at 8.06am and returned 6.06 Sunday morning

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_1000Milesin24Hours029.jpg

The Twins

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_1000Milesin24Hours037.jpg

Proof of the pudding - had to be done :D

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_1000Milesin24Hours034.jpg

Had 6 hours kip and still a Zombie

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_1000Milesin24Hours042.jpg

Well Folks that was that and We are just waiting for our Iron But Assosiation Certificate to arrive.

Roll on next year, Oh! nearly forgot there was ONE 675 rider to take part and he compleated the ride too. Sadly not a forum member but hopefully will be joining soon.

Ron and I are are doing another self certificating "Iron But Run" Lands End to John'O'Grots 1500 in 25 hours follwed by a 2000 miles in 36 hours.......................Any one want to join us :?: :lol: :lol: :ugeek:

2. Stu

Stu

Nice one. Looks like fun..... NOT. Jean and I did South of France in one hit with 50minutes rest on the ferry. 940miles in 22 hours. Can I have a certificate please mister :D

You & Ron could have kipped on our lawn you know. Where only about 16 miles from the Milkbar. :D

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

16 miles and you still were not there to see us off.

When you coming over to have a look round the shop Stu? I'm in all weekend 9 til 4.30 Saturday and 11 till 4.30 Sunday

Bring Jean along for a brew.

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

The sprint looks like it's holding it's own very well... did you raise much?
    looked like a amazing time, btw are the tents correctly assembled ?! :lol:

5. Stu

Stu

Won't be this weekend as we are terrorising East Anglia with a few VFR riders that we went to Scotland with.

How's the job going any way Ray?

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Craig, yes the tents are one man bivies and are 25cm by 8cm round when folded so fit in tank bag or panniers and take up to no room at all.

The job is going Great Stu sold my first 3 bikes with a couple in the pipe line but till they are paid for and left the shop there not sold. ;)

One of the great bits of the job is that I get to ride all sorts of bikes, to date I've had the R1, Benelli Tre-K, KTM 640 Prestige, KTM 950 R (AMAZING!!!) Speed Triple, Aprilia Mana 850 Auto................. comming up

Aprilia RSV4 Factory, MV Agusta F4, Rocket, Valcarie, Moto Guzzi Stelvio & Griso................... and on and on :lol:

Heaven :D :D :D

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Jap, please answer your email on your work site!

Ed

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Sorry that was me being impatient. Jap was serving a customer :D