675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

re map

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by triple n, Sep 7, 2008.

1. triple n

triple n

hi guys, sorry for being thick but if i fit a triumph race can to my beloved do i need to get the engine map changed, and if so, whats the best one to get..i hear mention of a tor map but have no clue what it is..thanks in advance for the help..oh...and is the triumph can legal

2. mike675se

mike675se

Hi mate, Gt's mechanics told me that if fitted a triumph can then it wouldn't need re mapping, but anything else would! The guy seemed to know his stuff

3. triple n

triple n

thanks mate, im watching one on ebay, 95 quid at the mo....is anyone going to paignton on wednesday do you know

4. Daytonadave

Daytonadave

Mine was re-mapped when the Triumph accessory silencer was fitted (A9600175), no popping at slowing down, my 955i Daytona use to pop like mad even when it was re-mapped, dealer here does it free if exhaust bought from them otherwise its £20

5. triple n

triple n

thanks mate..my 955i did the same, sounded mental i thought, (little things)...is it worth putting one on then, what do they sound like, compared to the 955...

6. I had the accessory silencer fitted and it had to be remapped at the same time, Triumph do there own map especially for the accessory silencer, it smooths things out nicely over the standard can and map, the other big difference is it opens the exhaust valve on tickover, sounds nice from tickover, not road legal mind, stamped not for road use on the bottom!

Sounds the dogs danglies though!

7. triple n

triple n

thanks for that mate, will have a ponder on whether to risk fitting one..had one on my 955 for yonks with no bother but the plod around here are getting a bit fussy these days....

8. Daytonadave

Daytonadave

The official Triumph loud can is not that loud till you really open it up, its not as loud as the high level can I had fitted to my 955, so if you see Plod just roll back the throttle, it does sound sweet when you open it up :twisted:

See if there is anyone local to you so you can have a listen :)