675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Rear Hugger

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by bladebiker, May 5, 2009.

1. bladebiker

bladebiker

Can anybody recommend a particular manufacturer. The standard Hugger is no use at all!

2. thers a post or 2 on here somewhere about huggers with links to a few aftermarket ones...any probs let me know and ill post the ebay one again

3. I agree the standard Triumph Hugger is way to short so allows all the crap from the back wheel to be thrown straight at the rear Shock and Spring.

The problem with most of the aftermarket Huggers is that they are ugly I have a CER Plastics Hugger which is exactly the same shape as the standard item but longer and is made out of Fibreglass.

CER Plastics is a mate of mine who set up a few years ago making ornamental Garden Lamp Posts but everytime he buys a new bike he makes new bodywork out of fibreglass.

So far he has done a 1999 R6 a 2000 Daytona 955i a 2006 Daytona 675 and his current project is a 2009 Street Triple R Streetfighter which in my opinion looks better than it did when it came out of the Triumph factory.

He is a very talented guy and the quality of his work is 110% but the problem is he is not motivated by money so not sure if he would be interested in making anymore bits for the D675 as he has moved on from that model.

Midgeman.quote="bladebiker"]Can anybody recommend a particular manufacturer. The standard Hugger is no use at all![/quote]

4. Rowly

Rowly

Ive got the Skidmarxs hugger fitted, far better than the stock one and would
    say it matches well with the front :)

5. jimjam39

jimjam39

+1 for that

6. I've got the skid mark hugger black (carbon look) with the chrome mesh on each side.
    Personally I like it cost about 70£ as it was on offer at the time.
    Yeh the OM one is a waste of space.

I will try and post a picci or 2 when the bikes been cleaned :oops:

7. bladebiker

bladebiker

Thanks for that. I will have look at the skidmarks site. Thee was one on EBay which was made by someone I had never heard of - redfox or something like that.. If Nige could post the Ebay link again that would be great.

8. Sorry chaps,

Its a Powerbronze hugger on mine not skidmarks (DOH) :oops:

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/Shop/Produ ... _ID=818253

9. Looks good but its £101. The Skidmarx real carbon one is £119 plus £7.50 carriage

Kev

10. bladebiker

bladebiker

Bit pricey but looks the business.

11. bladebiker

bladebiker

Thanks Nige. I have put a bid in on one. Hopefully I will get it for a decent price.

12. bladebiker

bladebiker

By the way Nige - I like the look of that scorpion exhaust. How much was it and where did you get it?

13. got it from the scorpion trade stand at the nec bike show, 190 quid delivered, straight swap and no re-map needed, and its legal with the baffle in and sounds nice with the baffle out, havent got it now, swapped it with a fellow member...have seen one on ebay, went for 170 quid

14. bladebiker

bladebiker

T3 racing are selling them for 245 quid - assuming it is the same one. Titanium.

15. nope...stainless, didnt like the look of the titanium....the stainless was shinier :lol:

16. j18kdd

j18kdd

i have just fitted a street triple rear hugger lot bigger £50.00 put some pics up as well

17. I have the skidmarx carbon hugger. It not only looks the business it also keeps everything clean. Well reccomended.

18. davelad1959

davelad1959

Look at page 3 & 4 of the dual lighting thread CER Plastics :idea: