675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Rear paddock stands

Discussion in 'General' started by redseven, Oct 29, 2009.

1. redseven

redseven

Hello again to all friends of the 675. Judging by some of your pics, there seems to be a variation in paddock stands? I was considering buying the " Abus, stick it through the swing arm spindle" type of stand.But as there is height/ rake adjustment there, it can't be done. I have a paddock stand, it is the type for sticking under a flat swing arm, so won't work. The Triumph website sells bobbins, I havn't found a stand on there. Suitable paddock stand manufacturers names, to suit the 675 would be useful. Cheers.

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

The Abus "stick it through the swing arm spindle" does work. I have one and it works superb :) . Its actually called the Abus "superbike stand" , I think :?

3. crj

crj

4. D41

D41

Pitbull are by far the best paddock stand & will work with both the swingarm itself or the bobbin thingys, - also they're actually strong enough to lift a small car (in my case my son's CRX), so durability won't be an issue.

Oh, & their front stand is wicked.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R&G / Triumphs on my 675...

6. Rowly

Rowly

Defo recommend Abba superbike stand, I have one and used on the 675 & the Gixer,
    and works brilliantly, it is also ideal for keeping your bike in a safe upright position
    during the winter months instead of leaving it on the side stand, its dead easy to use
    with one simple lever action and will leave your bike safe,secure and WOBBLE free
    to work on, I couldn't recommend highly enough. I see crj has already posted their
    web address, check out the demonstration video. :up:

7. +1

8. Me too

9. redseven

redseven

Thanks for the replies people. Abba do list an attatchment for the 675! Seems odd though as the swing arm spindle is 8 mm diameter and another hole above in the frame is 15mm.Very close to the edge! I tried uploading a pic on here but it didn't work though. I'll get in touch with Abba.
    Thanks again.

10. henrymc

henrymc

I got Harris paddock stands front and rear but dont like the front one as its the two pronged type that fitts under the fork legs,
    on a smooth surface its ok but on anything else its crap got a corrugatet surface on the concrete outside the garage and the bike has slipped of it a time or to when you are lifting the bike up on it, would never never try to take the front wheel of cos i dont trust it,
    will be changing it for one that fitts onto the bottom of the headstock when i get some spare cash,

11. I have an ABBA stand if u like i will put a picture up of the bike on the stand.

12. redseven

redseven

henrymc I know what you mean by having a paddock stand on a smooth surface. My garage floor isn't the best. Also I think you need an adaptor for the bottom yoke? It looks like a 12mm or 13mm hole.
    Godzilla thanks for the offer of a pic but no need, I'll take it as read. I don't need to buy one right now as my rear tire is still good. Thanks for offering.