I changed the exhaust valve actuator cables today on the wife's bike. What a bitch of a job. Everything was corroded, jammed, stuck and just unwilling to move. I managed to get one of the screws out that hold the cover on at the valve end but I had to grind the other one off. I was hoping the stub left would be long enough to get the mole grips on but it wasn't The cable ends were welled in so I had to remove the wheel and spring assembly and punch them out. Fortunately the sping went back quite easily. Then where the outer cables are mounted wouldn't budge so I had to cut them off with the Dremel. Not much fun I can tell you - in all it took me 6 hours. Fitting the new cables was relatively simple but things to note for anyone doing it themselves are: Have only 5mm of thread showing where the outer cables 'poke' through the mounting points. LIne the arrow up at the 9 o'clock position on the cable wheel and line up the accutator end so the cables look even. Tighten up until there is 12-14mm gap when the cables are pushed towards each other. The engine light is still on so it will be a trip to the dealers to clear the light if 3 heat cycles doesn't clear it. Good job it was raining today as I would not have been happy stuck in the garage when I could have been riding. My back is starting to hurt now even though the bike was on a lift.