675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

ROBINSONS OF ROCHDALE - MASSIVE SALE

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Just got a letter through from the Auctioneers. :x

100% Stock Clearance Sale at Robinsons of Rochdale including all stock Bikes and 50% off ALL CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES :eek:

If anyoneneeds anything PM what and size and I'll do my best to be first in the que on Friday Morning ;)

Looks like there not coming back, Gutted Sorrys Lads they were a Great Bunch :cool: :roll: :geek:

2. JDB

JDB

I' after a Oxford Hump Back Magnetic tank bag in black.......
    Like this - ai144.photobucket.com_albums_r175_GSchad_photos_021.jpg
    2nd hand ones on EBay have been too much.
    If they had one for under £30 and ideally around £25 (as I'll need to send you some postage and beer tokens)! They normally come in 2 pieces the top and the base which can be either magnetic or strap-on.
    Would be forever in your debt if there is one.

Thanks

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Not a problem JDB ;) Need one myself for the Croatia Trip which is now looking like Switzaland :eek: :lol:

Do they do it in all Black :?:

4. JDB

JDB

Yes all black less the graphics as the silver one. I hasten to add I have not tried one for size, but the sloped front against your chest seems a good idea due to the D675 riding position. I have one of the Oxford 1st timer ones (smilar but more basic) and they have a sloped front which seems to work.
    They also do blue, red and yellow - the yellow is quite bright! - I have a set of panniers (in yellow) from Oxford - have yet to try them on the 675.

5. Garf

Garf

Oooh.
    This one slipped me by, not been to Rochadale in a while (being all of 7 miles away)
    Are Robinson's in trouble then?
    I've had some good ol' chats with them in the past and parted with the odd bit of coin there too.

Shame

6. Stu

Stu

Oops. Sorry Garf, did I wake you. I wasn't trying to drum up business :)

Get the day off tomorrow and go down and grab some bargains.

7. Garf

Garf

LOL You did

Day off... I work for an online florist (one of my many jobs) and the chances of days off before Valentines day are... well take a guess. I can't do much dev work but got to sit here and make sure servers don't fall over and the like.

BTW Buy Flowers, you know she's worth it... means you can sneak purchase for your 675 past her and she wont notice :)

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi folks well got to Robinsons at 1100 sale started at 9.30 ther must have been 200 people in there............ :eek: :eek: :eek: Rammed it was and it was taking over an hour to pay.

That's the bad news the good news is I got a full set of leathers 50% OFF - The Triumph Race ones - a bair of their gloves, 5 t shirts - Full Oxford panier set for the trip including seat bag In Red but at 50% off who cares what color, brand new double bubble screen, Carbon Bar ends :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black tank bag for JDB but sorry mate its the Oxford Firts Tank bag will post pics if you want it its your £25 plus postage.

The Leathers are great, went out in them this afternoon, feel well comfy. Will stick a couple of pice up later.

9. JDB

JDB

That's the one I already have (see post above) - its not a bad fit, and it is very practical, the humpback ones just have more features. If you don't use it, it should sell on EBay - that's where mine came from!

Do the leathers match the bike? Sounds like you had an good"money saving" excursion - proper "bloke" shopping!

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

No Sweat JDB - I am well happy as I got the Sprint Sports Panniers and matching Sprint Bag in "Red mind" but at half price who cares what colour.

They sit on the Bike Great......................... Going to get them fitted and have a bit of a blast out see how they affect handeling before I take on 4000 mile Europe Tour............ Not that it matters as I will not be buying any more.

The Sprint Bag needs either the strap on base so it sits on the back seat or I can bu the Tank Magnet. Not sure whih way I want to go yet, I like to stick 5 litres of fuel on the back as I ran out on the CBR 1000 near Dusseldorfe at midnight once, NOT NICE!!! Mind I did find a 24 station but my heart was in my mouth for 15 miles.

This is what I bought and in the Red.

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&ac ... pid=277&p=

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&ac ... pid=278&p=

The Panniers retail at £110 and the Bag £64 got the lot for £82 WELL HAPPY :D :D :D

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

12. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Double Bubble is on now, will get a couple of Piccturs tomorrow PM once I have Luggage fitted too. :D :D :D

13. Stu

Stu

The leathers look good. Half price you say. How much is that then. Hein Gericke have leather jacket with free pants. The jacket has been reduced to £125 so that's the price for a full set. They didn't look too bad either.

14. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I got the lot for £220 which is a bargain. I have the Hein gerick water proofs and they are spot on, not a great lover of their leathers but thats just me. Just well chuffed with the Leathers, Oh and got a pair of Triumph Gloves too £40. Bargains galore.

15. Rowly

Rowly

Those Paparaz'zo never leave you alone Jap :lol:

16. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

They know a good Photo Shoot when they see one................................... :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

17. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

great leathers, never thought I'd say that to a male! :? :lol:
    couldn't argue at that price either! - well worth the investment! :)

18. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Cheers Craig..................... :) ;) :eek: