675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Rode my 675 today.

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Stu

Stu

First time in a couple of weeks. I put it on the optimate last night to make sure it started this morning. Much better ride in that the Vespa T5 Classic (poor little thing).

Guess what. It's snowing arrrgh. Hopefully it won't settle as it's not been forcast.

2. Rowly

Rowly

If you lived a bit further east Stu you would have pushed your 675 back in the garage.
    I've just come back from Scarborough to York and the roads are bad 3 to 4 inches :eek:

3. Stu

Stu

Back on the Vespa then tomorrow :)

4. Rowly

Rowly

My only experience with a Vespa was way back in 1973,I bought a G reg SS180 Yeah that's right 1968,

after riding it for a couple of days I couldn't understand why the back end would sway about,

so I took it to the garage and they said if I continued to ride it the back end would part from

the front because the foot boards had rotted out underneath, saw me coming then!!!! :lol:

5. Stu

Stu

They've stopped making the old style P range Vespas :eek: . I fancy buying one of the last ones as my 10 year old T5 won't last for ever.

6. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

My only expereince of a vespa brings me back to my CBT. it was the first machine with 2 wheels and an engine i ever sat on, and it was a piece of crap. Really old, done about a million miles, battery wouldnt hold its charge and kept stalling when i stopped lol

7. Stu

Stu

They haven't changed much then :)

8. Rowly

Rowly

My first taste of two wheels apart from the push bike of course was a
    1970 Honda nifty 90cc, I embarrassingly fell off it on a mini round about
    showing off to two young fillies sat watching me,and those were the days
    when the wearing of crash helmets were optional ouch!!! anyway the nifty 90
    didn't last long I blew the engine up coming down the A64 Whitwell Hill
    by the time I had reach the bottom the speedo was off the clock and
    the engine was screaming like a over revved lawn mower :lol:

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Had the Beasyy=t out today to try out the new Leathers..................Sun shine all the way :cool: , mind still needed the Grips switched on :lol: :lol: :lol: