675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Running In Issues ?

Discussion in 'General' started by jimjam39, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jimjam39

jimjam39

Just thought I would ask if anyone has had any problems/issues while running there Daytona's in ? I've been checking the oil level on mine after every run and it has not used a drop :) . My 07 used a fair bit, but as I checked it regularly it was not an issue. I must be honest and say I have run the new bike in a touch harder than the 07 bike, dont really know if that has any relevance to it or not. The ony thing I have had to watch is the chain, it seemed to have stretched quite a bit after the first 300 miles. It appears to have settled a bit now but I will be keeping an eye on it (I check the tension every 500 miles or so anyways). Apart from that I'm well happy :D . So anyone else got things to look out for ? :?:

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

The only advise I was given was not to labour the motor at any set rev's as this can in extream conditions polish the inside o the piston which will in turn lose a little power. Other than tha Fill Ya Boots and give it Rice :twisted: