675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Godzilla, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla

Hi

Just wondered if many of you have fitted a sat nav. If so where abouts and does it get in the way at all?

Chhers for any photos :)

2. andysjt

andysjt

hi i used car sat nav by putting the nav in the map pocket on my tank bag & running it of a 12v fag lighter ,
    you can't see it unless its dark but i find its better to listen to the instructions via a helmet speaker .
    the only problem is you don’t know if the things still on , a couple of times in France i had pulled the wire out of the nav & didn’t know until it was too late & i was lost .

next time i go abroad i will get a proper bike nav but i can’t afford it yet ,as i haven’t had the car one long

( i should have bought 1 that dose both I know that now )

3. I am looking at the TomTom rider.

I think you need to get an aftermarket RAM mount that should fit in the cut outs in the steering yolk.

The only thing I am worried about is that you have to drop your head massively to look at it, as your head is more or less right over it!

I guess Andy is right that it is probably prudent just to listen to it instead along with an occaional glance!

4. andysjt

andysjt

ya ,talking to a guy on a vmax the other week ,his was mtd on the yoke & its not really that easy to view ,but he gets verbal direction via a blue tooth helmet ear piece , so no wires to piss about with & he says it works fine

supposed to be able to blue tooth my satnav but never worked out how you do it

i had the tom tom rider in my hand & decided against it at the last moment , i went for a car based system instead
    ( fool ) think at the time i needed it to look for speed cams as i was on 9 points & needed to stay on the road

please let me know if you get one & how it fits & works be usfull for a lot of folk on here

5. ive got a tomtom rider attached and it works fine. will post photos tomorrow. the bluetooth headset works great and it will allow you to answer you phone too. Pain in the ass to attach though but i got it sussed after a while useing the supplied mounting kit. it doesnt hinder you at all and the only moan i would have is the sun will shine on the screen and you cant see it. ive wired it up to the battery too buts its got a five hour bty life too. qiute good but the garmin zumo is alledged to be better although it doesnt supply the bluetooth headset.

6. Godzilla

Godzilla

Thanks for the replies, Im looking at the Zumo 660

7. My mate has the Tom Tom Rider on his 996 and likes it. It fits to the yoke.

8. Stu

Stu

Tom Tom rider. RAM do a mount that goes down the headstock for about 12 quid.

9. Stu

Stu

Found it RAM-B-342U

[​IMG]

Works well on the 675. :salute:

10. Godzilla

Godzilla

Thanks Stu, but Ive pretty much decided on a Zumo 660.

Had a quick look at their site but dont think they have produced one for the 660 yet.

Chhers for looking though :)

11. I bought a Garmin Zumo 660 last week. I'm impressed with the device but can't fit it to my bike without it limiting the steering range. The RAM-B-342U looks like it will solve this problem. I'll keep you posted.

12. Godzilla

Godzilla

13. andysjt

andysjt

i have order one of the ram centre ball bkt things & a ram mount for tomtom sat nav ,so see how it goes got to be better than having it in your tank bag

thanks stu for posting the link :beer:

14. Stu

Stu

15. Godzilla

Godzilla

No idea how much they are but I cant find a better solution :cry:

16. andysjt

andysjt

just fitted my ram ( stu type nob ) & bracket for my satnav

the picture is a bit crap but it dose the job

pleased with the result if the rain stop i will go & try it out

just waiting for hard wire cable to come then im all done

Attached Files:

17. Godzilla

Godzilla

Hi Does that not obscure the instrument panel at all?

18. andysjt

andysjt

na , it looks bigger in the photo than it actualy is , i also moved it so you can see the bracket more clearly you can see the speedo & stuff ok when its in its normal place
    need to see how it goes on the road but it's hammering down here so have'nt got out yet

19. Hi Andy,

Is that a standard car TOMTOM in the pic? Looks a bit like mine....

Also, what site did you get it from?

Cheers
    Sparky

20. andysjt

andysjt

all right sparky ,

yes its a tom tom go 720, so its not water proof but its behind the screen so i guess its light shower proof ? on the odd ocation if its pissing down ill take it off or cover it with a freezer bag , its not biker rock & roll i know but its better than another 350 notes for a tom tom rider ( and are they realy water proof anyway )

the brackets are from ram stu,s got a picture with part no's on on first page of this thead but you will have to decide which one fits your sat nav

ram are very good next day delivery from uk site head stock bkt about £15 sat nav bracket about £30