675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Saturday 17th Ride Over to Matlock Bath

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Jap_Sti_3, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I'm planning a Ride over to Temple Normanton on Saturday via Buxton, Bakwell & Matlock Bath :cool: . Does anyone Fancy a Pootle out :?:

I'll be heading off from Rochdale about 1100 so no mad rush, over through Oldham, Ashton, Glosop, Buxton, Bakewell down into Matlock, over to Matlock Bath then on to Bonds. Anyone not been over ther for a while will have a great blast it takes abot 2 hours each way plus a stop in Matlock Bath.

Sorry can't do Sunday but should be a good old run out. 15 Minutes in Temple Normanton and back over the tops via Cat & Fiddle...........mmmmmmmmmmmm Nice :cool:

Come Rain or Shine I'll be heading down. Any takers :?: Happy to collect folks on way as long as there m"Miles Out" :geek:

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:shock: Well what a Day, up at 7.30 on the road at 8.15 Warning light poped back on 5 minutes later SH** :eek: Headed straight from Wardle up to Blackburn Triumph Dealers who had delt with it on Thursday - (See Seperate thread for info!!! Not good)there for 8.45 they took it straight in and low and behold Water in the Sencor??? Raining all the way there so not a supprise. Drained it and away I went.

Down to Trafford park to pick up parts from VW Van Centre Sun Blazing roads Dry so Fun all the way down M65/Accrinton and M62

Then back to Wardle for Breakfast. ;) Quick Bacon Buttie and off I set again, :)

Had a Great ride over the tops, Oldham, Ashton, Glossop, Top roads well Clear Sun out and FUN :twisted: Buxton, :twisted: Bakwell, :twisted: Matlock Bath (5 bikes there!!! Gutted) :x . Carried on over Alfreton and to Claycross Power Sport. :D

http://bikes.portfolio-europe.net/ezweb ... wersports/

Had a coffee tried on a few lids then off to Temple normanton, visit my Mums Grave, Love you Mum :cry:
    Quick ride down to Hasland to get her some flowers and a 15 minute ride back to Bonds at 15 mile an hour with the flowers on the tank....Interesting :geek:

Then down the road for an hour with my Dad, Low and behold Sis rings to see if I fancy a brew so Off from Temple Normanton off up to Doncater via M1 & M18 and over to hers a Bawtry. Quick coffee :roll: there

Finally at 7.30pm time to head over the A1(M) to M62 in torential Rain 70 mph Laid flat on tank middle lane - never stoped :( :( :( Rain Like I have never seen it......... Thank Him up Stairs for Gortex - and Mr Gericke for inventing the Pro Suit - BONE DRY :cool: Buy ONE :ugeek: Stronger tan Leather Weight for weight.

Well to recap, 2 and a half Tanks of Juice :twisted: Top 135 bends :cool: 149 m am 70m pm pitch black and a smooth 289 Miles covered in the Day. JOB well and Trully Done :D