675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

scorpion helmets

Discussion in 'General' started by kingfixer, Jun 9, 2009.

1. kingfixer

kingfixer

Does anyone know where there are any dealers stocking scorpion helmets :D :D i like the look of the exo-1000
    sublim

2. spike

spike

a cool looking helmet with a lot of features, i am liking this a lot :)

3. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Dont know of any scorpion helmet stockists though I'm a fan of the SHARK - RSR 2 V+ helmet, how can you go wrong?! :toast:

Attached Files:

4. Shark have some great designs, just dont fit my odd shaped head!!

5. kingfixer

kingfixer

I like the look of this one: exo-1000 sublim black/white :D :D

Attached Files:

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Suprise, suprise...................... I was with the Scorpion Rep for 2 hours thi morning and all being well we will be the sole suplier of Scorpion helmets in this area.

They are a great bit of kit, just need to use one to give it the thumbs up though.

Price on the top range from £260 - £300 - The features are endless, on the top end helemet you get a reacter light visor that darkens in the sun like the glasses, built in visor, pump up cheek pads that stop movment and reduce noise to next to nothing, 4 air vents and it comes in 50 grams heavier than the Shoe XR1000 and yes we did wiegh them :lol:

The Scorpion logo is rased/stuck on and was the main point of the I like - dislike between the 4 of us. The bag you can buy to go with the lid is great but comes in at £45 extra but does a great job.

7. Do you have one to test? :D

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Sadly NO! They have 4 MCN guys doing tests on them and reporting back after 4 weeks so he woul not leae us one :(

9. :( Never mind.

To me they dont look very 'streamlined', so looks like they could create a lot of wind noise.
    Mind you Im no expert so could be totally wrong lol

10. kingfixer

kingfixer

I Read a report on the Scorpion exo-1000 helmet in 'bike mag yesterday and basically the the guy who tested the helmet said it was lightweight but crap. He wasn't impressed with it at all !!

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Best I get Bike Mag and have a read.......................... :?

12. kingfixer

kingfixer

I still like the look of it though, give us your verdict when you get the chance jap :D :D

13. I dont like helmets with a visor build in, not because of the visor, but in my opinion the visor is taking the space that would otherwise be padding and it puts othe things inside the shell, near my head.

14. kingfixer

kingfixer

I know what you mean Godzilla, but i just find having the visor in the helmet so easy to use i have got used to it now :D :D

15. kingfixer

kingfixer

As there is no one near me selling scorpion helmets & it not getting a brilliant write up in 'BIKE' mag, i got a ARAI instead. Her indoors treated me early for my birthday :D :D :D

Attached Files:

16. As some of you know, I came of the other week and smacked my head into the road. As I have an Arai, I just took it to Hein Gerike and they sent it off to Arai for me (for FREE). A week later, it came back with a little certificate to say that the dammage is only cosmetic and it is as safe as the day I bought it.

Hein Gerike have told me that only Arai offer this service. So if I had had any other brand, I would now be looking at having to buy a new helmet!