675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Scotland. Where to go???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigBoulton, May 23, 2009.

1. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

I've always wanted to go and decided I'd treat the lady to a wee :D break in Scotland.

The big citys spring to mind and Loch Lomond looks really nice. Any recommendations? Also being at the complete opposite end of the country I dont really know a great deal and traveling that far i want to get it right.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Cheers

2. I hope your missus likes getting wet mate cos it pisses down around the Loch Lomond area - trust me I know! (in fact it pisses down in Scotland full stop!!!) Go to Europe, you are that close. Get the Santander ferry then cruise around Spain, down the east coast where the Costas are then travel NW through the middle of Spain home. Great roads and almost guaranteed weather. ;)

3. Stu

Stu

West coast is best to me. Oban and Mull spring to mind as does Skye. I'm going up to Fort William on Monday for a week for a bike meet :D

4. Are you taking the bike coz the roads are fantastic around Loch Lomond - I used to live there, when I was posted to Faslane with the Royal Navy.

5. Horatio - its the weather in Scotland, not roads that bother me. ;)

6. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

With the ferrys being on the door step i've done enough long weekends in the sun and wanted a little change. I know the weathers not great up there but renting a cottage, on the edge of a lake, with the lady friend... I'm sure theres things to do if it rains! ;)

And I'll be taking the van cos of the distance... but half a day of emptying will have the back cleared for the bike :lol: Not sure how that'd go down though :?

7. Oban is nice and there are loads of places to go from there, including the highlands and islands.

8. Sounds perfect mate. We'll talk about it Sunday.