675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Selling the Chelsea tractor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by andykb, Oct 27, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

Ive decided to save myself a few quid and sell my 06 nissan pathfinder and i was quite surpised when a good friend of mine got me a price via CAP.

Trade in value of betweenn £12500 and £11200 which was massively different from 12 months ago!!

So it got me thinking i could probably do without it until new year with having 3 cars ( and a 675)in the house at present(no im not rich!!)

So i decided to look at one of those websites ive seen on telly 'webuyanycar' & 'uksellcar' you know the ones with the annoying song!! I got a nice surprise of offers around £11500 cash to buy the car.

Does anyone know if anyone has used this service yet? They seem genuine and they are backed by the big car superstores like Carcraft but im slighlty nervous about it being too good to be true and them knocking me down when they view the car

2. D41

D41

No-one has, Andy...You will in fact be their first ever customer....Congrats!!

Seriously though, - as long as you are willing to 'walk away' you'll have the advantage in dealing with these guys. Why not go down & have a serious chat with them - but don't commit to anything you're not content with.

3. andykb

andykb

The process seems really slick apparantly you arrange an appointment they get a local agent to attend they go around the car they pay the figure agreed from the initial enquiry or lower if the car isnt up to scratch, you shake on it 30 mins later the money is in your account you hand over keys and V5 and thats it....walk away

4. D41

D41

Hmmm....I'm willing to bet that they local agent (who they pay BTW, whether he's 'independent' or not) will find a fault or two to get the price down. As I said, as long as you're willing to walk away or, in this case, drive away - then you're the guy in charge of the deal.

5. andysjt

andysjt

Andy ,

I would be very interested to see how it pans out , keep us posted

cheers
    ( another) Andy

6. +1 on what D41 said.

You always have the option to walk away if you think they are trying to con you

7. henrymc

henrymc

They are car salesmen and they are not doing this to do you a favour,
    bet when the guy calls he will say that your car is worth a lot less than they have quote you,
    then he will try to get you down to a price where they can make a mint out of you, like any salesman dont let them past the door, and when you feel you are being pressured F*** them out of it.

8. andykb

andykb

ok ive sold it but not to the website, a mate of mine's brother is in the trade and i got what i wanted for the car so pretty chuffed.
    Plus the finance committe(wife) has approved some new textiles if im on the bike thru the winter. Now wheres my Arlen ness catalogue???

9. with that sort of money get sum rukka gear 8)

10. spike

spike

we buy anycar is carcraft

11. D41

D41

HAHA! "Quality Used Cars.............................anything taken in part-exchange!"

12. andykb

andykb

its offical im missing my pathfinder especially in this weather

13. I went to one car after trialing the bike to work to save cash. looking at the weather today i am regreting it a bit but i know that the wet trip to and from work on the 675 will be fun and i will be smiling all day long. Not looking foward to any snow we might get though as last year was on a multistrader not a sports bike but will prob improve my bike control ;)