675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Serious accident - no not me

Discussion in 'General' started by Edski675, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

There was a serious accident Sunday in Bridgnorth, Shropshire - about 20 miles south east of here. A bloke on a black 675 was very badly hurt. I'd like to know a bit more, and in particular whether he was a member on here. Does anyone have any more info please? I don't mean to be nosey, I'm simply concerned for him. Any bike accident is horrible but somehow to me it seems just that bit worse if it's a 675 involved.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2009/09/0 ... -for-life/

Whoever you are 675 rider, I wish you well and send my very best wishes.

Ed

2. kingfixer

kingfixer

I hope he is ok and makes a speedy recovery!!

3. andysjt

andysjt

I hate to hear news like this ,sadly it’s just to common , hope things improve for the guy & also the couple on Saturday night my thoughts are with them , make you think .............there but for the grace of god ?

4. It does make you sit up and think......

THe other week I was on some twisties with double whites in the middle of the road and I get around a blind left hand corner to find a boy racer in his "pimped" honda 'something' on my side of the road......

Literally didn't have time to do anything except wince.....luckily he managed to get in front of the car he was overtaking......I was a little bit angry after that!

There are so many idiots on the road that you just can't account for it......where do these people learn to drive?

Who knows who was at fault with the guy above (if any one at all), but my thoughts are with him.

Get well soon fella!

5. henrymc

henrymc

Would like to say i hope that lad gets better soon who ever he is, have been down the road myself more than once but have always been lucky in that it has only ever been the bike thats been damaged, at the end of the day even a 675 is only a piece of metal but someones life, that is something else,

6. Edski675

Edski675

I'm very sad to report that he died today :( :( :( :( :(

Rest in peace, my friend.

7. kinda makes you think twice about getting on the bike again...my thoughts go out to his family.... :( very sad

8. henrymc

henrymc

Can only say i agree with both of you guys it is sad. poor lad :cry: ,
    Was he one of the guys on here Ed?

9. Edski675

Edski675

I simply don't know, Henry. The police haven't named him yet.

When I first read about it - I thought who is it - I know two or three people with a black 675 but none fitted the age profile.

Whatever, yes it does make you think twice - but selfishly I enjoy it too much. I had very serious accident, in June 2004 - if there'd been anything behind me I would have been run over. I spent a week in hospital and 2 months off work, they made me go back before I was ready - and I can honestly say that whilst I was frightened silly I couldn't wait to get back on a bike.

So if ever it happened to me, I wouldn't want anyone to give up on my account.

10. Edski675

Edski675

I simply don't know, Henry. The police haven't named him yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shro ... 238222.stm

When I first read about it - I thought who is it - I know two or three people with a black 675 but none fitted the age profile.

Whatever, yes it does make you think twice - but selfishly I enjoy it too much. I had very serious accident, in June 2004 - if there'd been anything behind me I would have been run over. I spent a week in hospital and 2 months off work, they made me go back before I was ready - and I can honestly say that whilst I was frightened silly I couldn't wait to get back on a bike.

So if ever it happened to me, I wouldn't want anyone to give up on my account.

11. spike

spike

its always sad to hear when someone dies on a bike, i dont know who it is either ed/henry but my thoughts go out to him and his family.

12. henrymc

henrymc

amen to that Spike.