675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

service cost

Discussion in 'General' started by andysjt, May 5, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

just booked in for 1st anual / 6000 m service , have been give a cost of £135 + vat form triumph birmingham ,was just wondering how this price compairs with what's beening paid by other on here ?
    thanks
    andy

2. JDB

JDB

I think that's roughly what I paid - quite a lot for an oil and filter change....
    I though mine was around 144 inc but would have to check the receipt.

3. andysjt

andysjt

yes it is a bit steep i thought , but you are paying for the stamp in the book , for what ever thats worth these days

4. I don't pay it - I'd rather do it myself to be quite honest. Just serviced my Daytona 600 myself, didn't ask to see the service history and still got £500 over the book price :D

5. Stu

Stu

I got my hands on the dealer stamp :D Shame they've gone bust now :( I do my services myself as it saves an absolute fortune.

6. just had mine done for £116. (west yorks triumph). Place where I originally bought it wanted £220!!

7. That is exactly what I paid at Windy Corner.

Once it is out of Warranty I will do the Oil and Filter changes myself for a fraction of the price.

Midgeman.

8. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

crikey bit of a jump from 220 to 116, gotta watch out for those dealers.

9. jimjam39

jimjam39

I got charged £83 for the first 500 mile service :eek: :evil: , which should be free (pay for parts only). This was from a dealer that i have bought 2 new 675's from :eek: . Needless to say I will not be purchasing my next one from them :(

10. Rowly

Rowly

I would tend to agree, once the warranty is up DIY you not only get the satisfaction
    that you've done it yourself but also save yourself some hard earned cash especially
    in these lean times we're are all facing? :cool:

11. The Fridge

The Fridge

you were well ripped off there jimjam, west yorks Triumph charged me £38 all in for my 1st service(800 miles) including sorting a really slack chain, a squeek from the rear end, a slack throttle cable and the clutch biting too far out.

12. You say DIY, but what does that actually mean? ie what parts do you need to replace? I have just had the 12K service at a dealers, but am wondering when the next big one REALLY needs doing? Some advice woule be appreciated. By the way I paid £265 for the 12K at Triumphs in Woburn.

13. andysjt

andysjt

collected bike back from having its yearly service this afternoon , nice blokes at triumph Birmingham , I got to say , started talking to one of the guy & told him about jap swopping d675 for the st 1050 , he immediately showed me one , you can’t blame them for trying for a sale can you ? but I’m not ready yet I haven’t finished playing with the 675 & would probably go for the tiger 1050 if I had to.
    another good point they only charged me £116 inc vat not the 135+vat they quoted so bonus
    so off I went a happy customer down the A38M to the M6 only to find it shut north bound , so had to go via M42 + 100 miles or so good ride but forgot we were supposed to be going out for tea tonight so the gaffas got a face on her now , still it was a good ride
    forgot to ask them about the gear selector sticking at 3RD tyipical , but it ant done it for a bit so sliped my mind sorry

14. My gear selector indicator on the dash is messing about as well between 1st and 3rd, its up and down like a yo yo. Triumph Woburn are charging £295 to replace it (3 hrs labour). Its more of a nuisance than a hindrance.

15. andysjt

andysjt

yes you can live with it ,but be careful , if you need to slip the clutch to get it into the right gear ,you run the risk of stalling just when you don’t need it ( usually at a junction ) :oops:

i must admit that my bike has been ok the last few weeks so i forgot to ask triumph when i had it serviced last week :? :oops: , so it can’t be that much of a problem else i would have remembered ,

the two Suzuki’s i had did it all the time but i put it down to the age of the beasts
    the 955 speed trip never did it once

16. To Andysjt,

I went the other way from a S3 1050 to a D675. Each to their own obviously, but imho DONT do it.

:)

17. spike

spike

i have been quoted £90 for 500 mile service, personally i think the first one (running in service) should be free :?
    there seems to be a wide range of prices quoted which is a bit naughty from the triumph dealer :eek:
    anyway its booked in for a week tuesday and im going to tell the dealer that im going to right a review about his service quality on this website, see if that gets me a discount :twisted: :D :D :D

18. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Which dealer?

19. spike

spike

bill smiths in chester edski

20. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I ask cos mine is not that far off the 6K service. Usually I'd ask Wylies in Telford but I'm going to shop around. So you can tell em that if they're cheap enough they'll be seeing me sometime soon :lol: