675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

shiny side up?

Discussion in 'General' started by spike, Jun 12, 2009.

1. spike

spike

whilst out and about on my bike i have noticed there an awful lot of signs have been put up by this organization
    www.shinysideup.co.uk
    is this an orginisation with sports bikers best interests at heart?
    or is it something a bit more sinister and cynical and the establishment having a go at us bikers as usual
    personally i dont really know much about this org and was interested in your thoughts on the matter
    discuss

2. I have seen the signs in Devon but had not been on the website until now - thankyou for that.

I think they are pro bike and I think they are asking the right questions. Too many people get killed or injured by poor skills and judgement with nobody else involved.

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Coming home from Liverpool yesterday on the A41 from Chester to Whitchurch (in my elderly clapped out Clio) I was overtaken by a group of 16 sportsbikes, in two waves of six, and one of four. I guess they were on their way to the bike meet at the Stormy Petrel. All but three overtook where I wouldn't have done, and they then overtook other cars on double white lines on the crest of a hill. Mad.

4. They are a real good organistaion i got a load of 'think bike' stickers from a guy in Mnachester who is linked the the programme