675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Should i chop my SE in for the 2010 caspian blue?

Discussion in 'General' started by paws, Nov 2, 2009.

1. paws

paws

Considering chopping my SE in for the caspian blue 2010 if as good as it looks in the photos-but then i thought the 09 SE looked good until i saw it in the flesh :? , mines not even done 5k yet! (had her from new),and im paying for her via black horse finance-how much is mine gonna be worth??

Like i said,i do wnat to see the 2010 first before i decide

2. SteveH

SteveH

The money it would cost and therefore you'd lose on making the swap would pay for a paint job if your that desperate to get a blue bike would it not?

And with all the goodies in your sig you really would lose a packet as the bike would need to be original in everyway to be worth anything to a dealer. Unless of course you would put it all back to stock and re-use the aftermarket bits on the new bike. Which SE you got? Black one, or white one??

Steve

3. paws

paws

Kept all the o/e parts for mine so i can return her to standard no probs.

Shes a 08 SE so black, 09 was white.
    Not just the colour i like, the 09-2010 have been tweaked slightly more compared to mine,and mine is literally just a summer/track toy

4. redseven

redseven

paws, if you like blue bikes check out page 2 of "does your d675 have a name". Pic posted by Godzilla I think?
    Blue and white not really my thing but that one does look good.

5. jimjam39

jimjam39

If you are going to the NEC, then def have a good look at it . And def have a test ride on the new model when it becomes available. I seem to remember you riding the 09 one for a mag article (correct me if I'm wrong), so you may find its not worth spending the extra after a test ride :)

6. spike

spike

but then blue is the fastest colour lol :)

7. paws

paws

I didnt really look at the 08 SE when i saw it so lesson learnt there LOL :lol: , i did test ride the 09 675 and wasnt hugely impressed but then i hadnt really had much time on mine/ the 09 to compare, as i said-i want to see what the blue ACTUALLY looks like

8. D41

D41

Save your money & wait awhile til you've put more miles on the bike you have, otherwise you're just throwing money away for a colour. At 5K your bike is still practically brand-new.

....Still, it's your money.

9. spike

spike

heres my blue 675
    :cool:
    ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_IMG_2513.jpg

10. paws

paws

Spike- ive seen the normal blue, but im after looking at the 2010 blue with gold wheels, may just trya nd get a set of bodywork and get my mate to spray them up for me

11. henrymc

henrymc

cheers redseven thats my bike,

Gogzilla posted it up cos i am a numpty with computers and up loading pics,
    spray job cost £650 and all the writeing was painted on not transfers,
    guy called Mark based near Sleaford in Lincolnshire,
    just do a google on Paintsupremacy,
    he is very good,
    i saw a mini cooper special with a wavy Union flag on the roof that he done for some guy in Liverpool,
    was awsome work,

12. andysjt

andysjt

hi Henry ,

whats the insurance say about your custom paint work ? do you have to pay extra ?

13. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Andy,
    i got a custom bike policy from Carol Nash cost £340,
    but thats with all the bits i have on the bike listed,
    a bit steep i know but with my record of falling of it,
    it's worth it,

14. Rowly

Rowly

I'm the last bloke that should be giving you any advice on chopping in your 675
    whether its for a change of bike or colour, but I will guarantee you it will cost you
    a lot, you will find when you get a settlement figure from Black Horse finance and
    compare it with what your dealer will offer you, I'm afraid you'll end up owing the
    difference £££££ that will be extra to pay or borrow on top of the new 675?

Don't let me put you off though, I chopped in my 08 675SE for the Gixer 750
    cause I liked the colour but I'm more than happy with it, at the end of the day
    its what you feel comfortable with and of course if you can justify the extra cost
    for what is the same bike with a different wardrobe and you wont notice the colour
    at 100mph plus.

15. kingfixer

kingfixer

I can't beleive you would want to get rid of an 08 se, black & gold it's the best colour :clap: :clap:

16. Rowly

Rowly

I can't believe it either, and here she is :( [​IMG]

17. jimjam39

jimjam39

I've had a yellow one, and now I've got a red one, but if I was going to have one in black, there would be no doubt about it, the SE would be the one. The gold just sets it off in my opinion. I like :D

18. D41

D41

Wow! That is one nice bike!

19. Rowly

Rowly

WAS, I chopped it in for the Gixer D41

20. henrymc

henrymc

That is a real nice bike Rowly,
    Why did you chop it in for a Gixer?
    remember you saying at the time but forget,
    in my opinion the 675 ticks all the boxes and the fact it is made by a British firm seals the bargin,
    Japanese bikes are everywhere,
    A 675 in my book has the same apeal as any Italian sportsbike,