675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Should I feel guilty?!

Discussion in 'The Confession Box' started by 675.cc, Feb 19, 2015.

1. 675.cc

675.cc

Perhaps write an open letter to the board, explaining that you consider the company's future is compromised by the incumbent senior management
    Sounds like it’s time they did their jobs properly, as by ignoring the situation they are failing in their duties & responsibilities to the shareholders.

2. 675.cc

675.cc

This is rational to the likes of you and I but why waste the time? Governance in this company may well be infected with cronyism between the board and executive directors. This happens all the time in new and mature businesses.

3. 675.cc

675.cc

Hello! I was pleased to see this post on here because I am a huge fan of business, and thoroughly enjoy work! The answer is no you should not feel guilty! I am 30 just and have been apart of 2 large restructures and have taken voluntary redundancy and was the smiley one in the office and then the 2nd redundancy I was then the other guy desperate to stay! What I'm saying is that if needed the company could tell you your all off tomorrow your off! There will be minimal impact to the business in the long run with your departure and once you have excited the building it will be BAU definitely leave. The fact you feel guilty about leaving will come across to the people that have enough emotional intelligence to pick up on it! Good Luck!

BHP is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you carry it!

4. 675.cc

675.cc

Last day tomorrow!

Feel good about the decision to go.

In a few months I'll unveil what company it was.

5. 675.cc

675.cc

Ohh glad u decided to go, good luck with the next venture.

6. 675.cc

675.cc

+1 well in for taking the plung mate

red

7. 675.cc

675.cc

Don't you just love that somone has post in an anonymous thread but still puts the signature at the bottom! :lol:

8. 675.cc

675.cc

Congratulations on making the right (IMHO) decision.!

9. 675.cc

675.cc

Nice one and good luck - my change of career meant that today I chose to do a flexi day finish, have a 2hr ride in the sunny mountains, work from home for another hr then go and do the shopping to keep the missus sweet. Hope your change is for the better work-life balance like mine has been (2yrs in now).

Think Guy Martin said "I don't want to die regretting the things I haven't done, just regretting the things I have done" - spot on for me!

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc mobile app

10. 675.cc

675.cc

Good luck - The only thing you should do is what you have done,,, you have to look after you and yours. I have been going through some major crap with work recently,, wont go into detail now, but to cut a long story short there is no telling my MD that what he is being fed is crap by others, but he wont listen to me, and my line of communication is direct - i.e across the table!!!! Its not as if I have not tried for, well too long... but as of today I put my notice in and will be taking a job with far less money (to start) but my health, piece of mind, chilled self has taken a real bashing and its time to change... possibly a gamble, but WTF!!! If I dont try I will never know... here to new beginning's and hopefully less stress and more fun when I go to work not the usual bull. I will miss my customers and them me, but the people I work with, not so much.

As above - what matters to me is life balance and it is F$%&ed up right now. roll on the change... I feel so happy now I have done what I have done, now keen to begin my new life :)

11. 675.cc

675.cc

Good lucky buddy.

I think it's health to change every 3 to 5 years. Keeps you motivated and positive.

Acclimatising to a new place can be a challenge, but if it's a decent company should all be worth it.

12. 675.cc

675.cc

It must be something in the water on here.

I spoke to the MD yesterday, and told him that I shall be leaving. I don't think it hit him straight away, but after he realised I wasn't kidding he accepted that he had to face up to some issues that he has been ignoring.

It will not affect me, I'm leaving. Trouble is, there are some good people left behind & I can't see them lasting for long when he continues to fail in his role.